“Very friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The George Weldon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weldon
The George Weldon
Ranked #2 of 2 Weldon B&B and Inns
“Very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

After reading the above review I felt compelled to pass on my own experience at the George hotel. This is my fourth visit so you may gather I'm something of a fan of the area and the hotel itself. I am not a habitual reviewer, although the course of my work has seen me in many hotels over the years. Within the George you will find very helpful and courteous staff, I make it my place to repay people with the same level of respect I receive from them, I was told to simply request any service or help on my first visit, and each consecutive time, we were allowed to use the indoor standing for a company meeting (very relaxing) we had an awards day where the chef and staff took care of everything. Food was great, entertainment was excellent and we have booked the George for our next appraisal meeting.
The rooms are comfy, very clean and whilst it's not my own bed I slept without incident. The accommodation is placed far enough away from the bar that no or very little revelry is heard. You are made very welcome by the local patrons if you choose to use the entertainment facility (a huge plus not often seen in small villages!) and I just love the olde worldly character of the building.
I hope iv managed to express the non sterile hands on approach found at the George, if like me you like to spend your free time socially, you will visit again.
Sean oneil

• Stayed October 2011
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Seanoneil9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had an event in Weldon so we picked The George Inn (which is a refurbished coaching inn) as it was virtually next door to the venue. First thing to note is that their website quotes £30 for a double, we got charged £45. It is a Bed only deal as the George does not offer breakfast.

We signed in at the bar and the barman showed us to the room, seemed friendly enough. We had to pay upfront. You can park right outside the Inn or in the large car park at the rear of the establishment, crossing a little bridge over a stream to get into the pub.

You do not access the rooms via the pub but outside. The accommodation is in a seperate area of the pub, which means you can come and go as you please. It was a reasonable size room and clean although the windows could do with a clean. The room was on the ground floor, right next to the main door to the accommodation block. Anytime someone came through the door banged. The room did have a very nice large flat screen television.

The room had a Wooden floor whih was a little noisey at night. The bed a little springy and soft, neither of us got a particularly good nights sleep on. One side of the bed was push against the the wall which made it a little tricky getting in and out, especially for a call of nature in the night.

Good sized kettle and two good sized mugs with the tea making facilities but only two teabags.

It was an en-suite room with shower no bath. Plenty of hot water in the taps, but we couldn't get the shower to get more than warm. One of the hinges on the toilet seat was loose but otherwise it was okay.

The accommodation block did not seem to have a light on the outside when we came back in the dark. We were Worried about the beer garden which was near our room, but we had little noise for it or the pub.

So, with a poor nights sleep and a cold shower I'm afraid I can't really recommend the George Inn. I think it is unlikely that we will be going back.

Room Tip: We stayed in No.1 which is on the ground floor. It is near a toilet and the main door so was a litt...