“Great Freindley Place”

TJ's Roadhouse
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Colfax
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Soups are excellent. Deserts are outstanding! Always great quality.
If I have the chance I aways eat here1

There are newer reviews for TJ's Roadhouse

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had dinner and breakfast at TJ's Roadhouse restaurant in Colfax CA. Dinner was a 1/2 pound cheeseburger & fries on a homemade bun. It was one of the best burgers I have ever had. There are a lot more "comfort foods" on the menu and some healthier items. For breakfast I had the basic 2 eggs, home fries, toast & 2 huge sausage patties. the breakfast was very tasty & well prepared. Based on my two meals here, I would definitely recommend TJ's.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Try it out on your way to or from Tahoe. Good food at a good price and friendly Staff (especially Kyle and Emily).

Reviewed August 30, 2012

At The Colfax Exit on I80 this place is right at the freeway. It's on the Western Frontage Road just South of the off/on ramp.

It does get a lot of local trade, but there's a share of travelers in the mix. My experience is mostly for breakfast or lunch. The omelets are generous, "The Redneck" features three kinds of sausage, served with.hash browns, or home fries, toast or pancakes.for just under $10. Coffee & tip, and you're out of there for under $15. There's 10 omelets on the menu including a "build your own" that starts with a basic cheese omelet then a list of ingredients you select.

I tried the Denver Omelet on a previous visit and was pleasantly surprised to find a generous piece of ham inside as part of the filling. No cheating with thin slices as I've seen before elsewhere.

Today I tried the Philly Cheese-steak Omelet, thin sliced beef, peppers & onions, American Cheese on top.

All the usual suspects on the breakfast menu, eggs, breakfast meats, pancakes, French Toast, oatmeal, breakfast burrito, something for everyone. A friend had the Corned Beef Hash and gave it a thumbs up.

Lunch has a good selection of burgers, salads, & sandwiches. A bonus are the home made chips, thin sliced potato rounds from the deep fryer. I try & stay away from fries, but those are special, another option are sweet potato fries for you orange food lovers.

At certain hours the service can be a little slow due to the number of wait staff & the number of patrons, but they do increase the staff at peak hours. They know about the problem and have made some effort to correct the issue,

If I'm looking for breakfast or lunch going up the hill past Colfax this is where I stop..

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were on our way to Reno and decided to stop for dinner along the way. We were seated immediately and served our ordered drinks but the 2 waitresses were just chatting away with the locals. We waited for about 15 minutes before the waitress got our order. When she finally got our simple orders of fish and chips, other people who came in later than us were served first. When I complained after 50 minutes of waiting that we still did not get our food, the manager gave a lame excuse that they were just busy. Most of those who came in were locals. Our order was finally brought to the attention of the cook and when it was brought to us, our fish was burned and the fries were half cooked. This will be my first and last visit to this restaurant.

1  Thank Magda L