“Nice little hole-in-the-wall, worth stopping for!”
Review of Cafe Luna - MOVED

Cafe Luna
Reviewed February 13, 2014

They have both American and Mexican food options on their extensive menu.

There is clearly something for everyone here. My only complaint would be that its not the most authentic Mexican food, as they seem to have everything "dialed down" for the local Colfax population.

On Saturdays, they sometimes have "Carnitas". This is when they merit that 5th star. Sadly, they don't offer this pork delicacy on weekdays….hence my slightly lower review.

1  Thank Matt C

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love family owned and operated businesses. This is definitely one of my favorite places in Colfax. The owners are a young husband and wife. Good coffee and also serving some nice authentic Mexican food choices. As in a typical coffee shop there is free wi-fi and a couple of outlets if your battery starts to give out. Definitely a better place than "the chain" around the corner!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This small cafe is worth the effort to exit Interstate 80 (Exit 135) on the way to or returning from Truckee/Reno area. I was in Colfax with my AVA walking club and about lunch time turned a corner and decided to eat at Cafe Luna. It was very good. I had the (ground) beef nachos ($8) and it was much more than I could eat. Since I'm not a fan of cilantro they held off on the salsa and threw some extra chopped tomatoes on it for me. The nachos were excellent and never did get soggy. Well worth the money. My companion had the Rey Sandwich and was very pleased with it. The woman who took our order was very pleasant and accomodating and told us right away it would be a little while. It was a very busy lunch time for them and the chef seemed to take great care in his preparations, so wasn't hurried. We appreciated her honesty so we weren't impatient. The only down side to this small place is it's size and lack of tables, only one outside. But then again, if it were bigger it probably wouldn't be the same! Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Pleasantly pleased when I ate at this busy small restaurant in Colfax, CA. Items I ordered, wanted a slight change and for them that was no problem at all. Really tasted great. Kept looking over at other people's plates while waiting for my food, and everything looked attractive. That's not the case most places I've eaten. When I get back to Pennsylvania, I'll still be thinking good thoughts about the nice experience in this small town cafe. Place is a little short on seating though for the crowds they attract.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Talk about a small town joint! This tiny place is jam packed with locals most of the day. It's a mom and pop shop hosted by Lauren and Mario. Lauren used to work here part time when she was in high school and moved back to town to own the place with chef Mario and baby daughter, Luna. When you walk in the door, chances are that Lauren or sister Erica will greet you by name. Good variety of tasty and healthful meal choices and usually a special of the day. Free Wi-Fi (yes we even have computers in Colfax now!). A great place to dine or just hang with the locals.