Stayed at the complex during Memorial day weekend 2009. We were there with a large group of friends to visit Yosemite National Park and a reunion of classmates from high school. Some stayed at this complex while most did not(those were the lucky ones).
When you enter the complex you are engulfed by cigarette smoke, and if you love the smell of an ashtray you are at home here.
Check in was no issue and smooth. Room in the new tower was just ok, nothing great. Maid service varied depending on who cleaned the room, since they took away old towels, but did not replace all of them at each cleaning. Some days they put it full set of towels, other days they did not. Room was non smoking as was the floor.
The restaurants varied. The buffet was ok but closes early so if you want to eat there after 9pm you may have a problem, the food stays in the displays for a long time, the bakery who supposedly serves freshly baked goods actually serves stale pastry. The Cafe serves food that is very fatty and just so so. The Diner is ok, but along with everyone else serves pre cooked burgers and unless you want it well done you are out of luck. Overall the food quality is average to poor always cold and though reasonably priced, I would go elsewhere.
The staff overall is semi friendly and depends on who you are dealing with. At the bakery early in the AM they are surly and not awake yet, and at the other restaurants even though the place is not overly busy they are overwhelmed by a large table of guests.
Though the restaurants are smoke free, they mostly have open air to the casino and therefore you can still inhale the smoke from the casino floor and feel like you are in the middle of an ashtray. This is a total turnoff from anything.
So again if you like to sit in the middle of an ashtray, this is the right place for you. Otherwise there are better places elsewhere to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino embodies the ultimate in comfort, luxury, relaxation and excitement. Become inspired by the breathtaking views of the beautiful Sierra foothills from our luxurious and well-appointed rooms and suites. Escape to the luxurious Serenity Springs Spa to have your well-being and natural beauty rejuvenated. Treat yourself to Chukchansi’s unforgettable entertainment and dining experiences. And see why our world-class gaming offers the most ways to win. From the doorstep of the world-renowned Yosemite National Park you’ll find first-class attractions, including majestic lakes, exceptional skiing, championship golf and many other recreational opportunities. Your stay will leave you with a new appreciation for the Sierra Nevada foothills that we call home. The area’s natural beauty and an inherited respect for our native land is apparent in our ongoing environmental initiatives and a Green program in our Hotel rooms that promotes water conservation and use of environmentally-friendly products. Even before the towering Ponderosa pines are in your rearview mirror you’ll be looking forward to your next trip to Chukchansi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chukchansi Gold Hotel Coarsegold
- Chukchansi Gold Resort And Casino