My grandparents have been long time fans of the Chukchansi Casino so my husband and I decided that we'd travel to the casino for his 26th birthday. A month or two before his birthday we saw on their website that a new hotel tower had just opened along with a great indoor/outdoor pool area. We called the resort and made reservations in the new tower. The price of the room was great and we looked forward to seeing what this casino had to offer.
We got a later start than we had planned. We didn't arrive until about 7PM. We checked in and went to find our room. The room was large and well appointed and even smelt new! We had checked out the menus for the on-site restaurants and loved the menu for the Market Buffet. By the time we got there and were ready for dinner everything was closed though besides Goldfields. We were bummed that they didn't stay open later or have "after hours" like other casinos we have been too. We decided to eat at Goldfields and the food was wonderful as was the service. We were just disappointed that we weren't going to be able to dine at the buffet. Dinner at Goldfields was the first meal we had eaten that day so several hours later, we here hungry again....good thing we had brought some sodas, a bag of chips, and some birthday dessert with us as there weren't even 24 hour snack shops or food vending machines anywhere.
The casino was clean however we found it not as easy to get around as other casinos. I think some other casinos are just better laid out.
Later that night we went down to check out the pool. We knew it was probably closed for the night but we wanted to see what time it opened again so we could enjoy it before check out the next morning. Once we got to the doors that led to the pool a sign was posted that it would be closed the following day. Major disappointment! We love swimming and the fact that they had a heated indoor/outdoor pool was a huge selling point for us and for it to be closed once we got there was disappointing. The view from our room was of the huge air conditioning system on the roof below us and we could hear the "humming" of system all night long.
All in all we had an average stay. The room was beautiful, the service was great, the food was good but the hours are lacking as are the views and the pool was closed. We'll probably visit again when we head up to Yosemite as it is in a great location but we won't be heading there for the "casino" experience any time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino embodies the ultimate in comfort, luxury, relaxation and excitement. Become inspired by the breathtaking views of the beautiful Sierra foothills from our luxurious and well-appointed rooms and suites. Escape to the luxurious Serenity Springs Spa to have your well-being and natural beauty rejuvenated. Treat yourself to Chukchansi’s unforgettable entertainment and dining experiences. And see why our world-class gaming offers the most ways to win. From the doorstep of the world-renowned Yosemite National Park you’ll find first-class attractions, including majestic lakes, exceptional skiing, championship golf and many other recreational opportunities. Your stay will leave you with a new appreciation for the Sierra Nevada foothills that we call home. The area’s natural beauty and an inherited respect for our native land is apparent in our ongoing environmental initiatives and a Green program in our Hotel rooms that promotes water conservation and use of environmentally-friendly products. Even before the towering Ponderosa pines are in your rearview mirror you’ll be looking forward to your next trip to Chukchansi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chukchansi Gold Hotel Coarsegold
- Chukchansi Gold Resort And Casino