“Lucky pick for overnight stay”

Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coarsegold
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I dislike the drive from south Orange County to Sacramento on I-5. We work in an overnight stay somewhere enroute, even if a few more miles. Just for fun I used internet to get a map of Indian casinos in California. Pure luck led us to this resort hotel. Beautiful setting, reasonable price, and fine meal upon arrival as well as breakfast next morning prior to continuation of trip to Sacramento. Added benefit for us was brief drive thru Yosemite Park.
P. S. We are not gamblers so am not offering opinion on the casino.

Room Tip: We selected room with one king bed. The site is on a hilltop with great views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Arno G
FOfManager, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello Arno G,

We sincerely thank you for finding your way to us and are happy to hear that your hotel stay went very well. Your feedback serves as encouragement to our team members as we continue to strive to be the best casino/resort in the Central Valley and beyond.

We truly hope that you stumble upon us again in your future travels. Thank you again for your review on Trip Advisor and for your valuable stay with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The rooms are fine and kept in good condition. It's the Buffet restaurant. I have been to the buffet many times over many years. I have seen it at it's peak and it's valley, but now it is definitely spiraling down. This was a Wed night. The selection was fine, it was the quality of the food served. We were there at 6 pm when you expect the selection to be ready for the evening crowd. What we experienced was most of the dishes were barely warm. I have always loved their breaded shrimp and fried chicken. The shrimp was barely warm and you had to look hard to find the shrimp from the breading. The fried Chicken which use to have a wonderful tasty coating, it too was tasteless. As for the deserts are not of the same quality they use to be. My suggestion is if you going to eat at Chukchansi, eat at Goldfields. Hopefully they have not cut back on quality.

Room Tip: Pick the newer tower that has higher floors and request an upper floor at the end of the Hallway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barges867
FOfManager, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Hello Barges867,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your previous experience with us. We are so sorry to hear that our service fell below your expectations, particularly in our buffet area. We will certainly look into making key improvements to ensure our guests' satisfaction going forward.

We sincerely hope that despite your recent experience with us that you give us another opportunity to be of good service to you. We know that we can provide you with the best quality of food and service, and given your feedback, we will do everything we can to make your future stay enjoyable.

Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was so disappointed--I had planned my trip over a month ago and had a confirmation # for a suite and when I arrived they told me it didn't matter that I had a confirmation #. I ended up with a room that they said had a view. I am right next to the elevator and can hear it all night long going up and down. The view...oh yes, the view: I can see right into the room that is next to me because we are in a corner--what a view! The other guests are as upset as I am, because this has also happened to them. I am hearing very unhappy stories from other guests. One lady told me that her group booked rooms for a birthday party and also had confirmations over a month ago, but they would not be able to have all the rooms that they booked. They ended up going to Las Vegas except for her and now she wishes that she would have went with them.
I have gone to this hotel many times and the service for the hotel is always below average, I just didn't think it could get any worse but it has. This place is really going downhill.
It is apparent they just don't care!!!
If your coming from the coast or northern/southern California there are so many better casinos and hotels that you can feel confident about your confirmation and the service they provide. This is not one of them.
A note to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino: Hospitality training is needed...badly.
Ending on a positive note, the hotel didn't burn down while I was there and it is in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank mblnparadise
FOfManager, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hello mblnparadise,

Thank you for your valuable review on Trip Advisor and for staying with us on your recent trip to our area. We are so sorry to hear that your stay didn't go well and that our service was below average for you. We understand your frustration of not getting or receiving what you are expecting in a resort/casino setting, and we sincerely hope that we can be of service to you again in hopes of rectifying your experience with us.

We will certainly do our best to improve our services to our guests and ensure that our guest requests are taken care of to the best of our ability (requests are not guaranteed, unfortunately), and we will make a better effort to be more accommodating.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I assure you that your feedback goes a long way to making a better establishment.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

An astonishingly good value hotel with a very high standard of accommodation. Feeling like a mini-Vegas in a quiet country backwater, this place was an excellent choice as a stopover ahead of visiting Yosemite. We visited during a quiet time of year and it was clear that the other guests were hard-core gamblers. All-in-all, a fantastic, luxurious resort on a large-scale.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rob H
FOfManager, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hello Rob H,

Thank you so much for your valuable input regarding your recent experience with us. We are certainly happy to hear that all went very well with your stay and experience and are excited to know that we have met your expectations.

We sincerely hope that we could see some more of you and your party in the near future as we continue to strive for optimal service and entertainment. Thank you again for staying with us and for providing your wonderful review.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I went here for the first time and stayed in a room. The room was very dusty and there were holes in the bed sheets. Bed was comfy but thats about it. The Shower water pressure was great but the water is reversed in the room hot is cold and cold is hot. Front desk didnt bring up the extra towels we asked for so we ended up having to go to the desk after we got done on the floor playing the slot machines It was about 9 hours after we called for them in the first place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Christopher S
FOfManager, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Hello Christopher S,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are so sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected from us, and we sincerely apologize for the level of service you received. Your stay and experience is very important to us and we would like to learn from our miscues. We are very hopeful that, given another chance, that we could make up for your previous experience.

We look forward to being of service to you again soon. Thank you for your valuable review and for staying with us.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino is only about three hours away from our home in Monterey. Nice clear easy drive, easy and fast check-in. Great selection of food at different in-house restaurants. The food court was really great--nice selection of food, and all you can eat too! We are not smokers and were a little concerned, however the air quality there was ok, their ventalation system made the stay comfortable. There also is a non smoking area inside the HUGE gambling floor. The well appointed rooms are by-far the cleanist hotel rooms we've seen in quite a while. From the casino location it is a short drive to the Mountain towns of Oakhurst and to Bass Lake. Yosemite National Park is not too much
further. Nice stay, good food and nice play for gamblng a few bucks away !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank MaxC93940
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hello MaxC93940,

We would like to thank you for your recent review of your stay at our resort and casino. We are thrilled to hear that your stay was great. We are thankful that you have taken the time to inform us that we made a great impression on you and your guests, especially coming from a pretty far distance such as Monterey. As we continue to strive for excellence reflecting in our guests, we are encouraged by your review that we are upholding our promises and providing an excellent venue for you to enjoy.

We definitely look forward to accommodating you on your future visits to our casino and hotel. In the meantime, take great care, and thank you so much again for staying with us and making our day with your wonderful review,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I gamble here a lot and it is fantastic! I win maybe about every other time I go. However there are plenty of times I will go just to get a room and eat some dinner. Food, Hotel, Service, Valet, atmosphere(dancing right on the casino floor) is ALL GREAT!!!. I have stayed here at least 10 different times. Awesome place and will continue going here for as long as I can. Make sure you sign up for rewards card, they are generous. If you are staying here as a pit stop to going to Yosemite, and have kids, there is a small arcade room for kids. Should keep them busy for maybe a couple hours. I vote this the best casino/resort in California. 677350

Room Tip: Every room is great. the "Standard" rooms are worth it even.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cyndrik
GSCoordinator, Front Office Manager at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Greetings Cyndrik,

On behalf of the entire staff here at Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, I would like to thank you for your valuable stay and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.com. I am overjoyed to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and that we are continually winning your business. We are sincerely proud to have our guests return to us, and as we strive to be the best casino in our area, we are encouraged and delighted to know that our hard work is making a difference for our guests.

It is indeed our pleasure to be of service to you as you continue to visit and game with us. We look forward to your next stay. Thank you again for being a valued Chukchansi Gold guest.

Warmest Regards,

Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino
Hotel Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coarsegold
9 mi away
The Pines Resort
The Pines Resort
#1 of 1 in Bass Lake
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!