Let me start by saying that this was my first experience at an Indian Casino so I have nothing else to compare it to, and I refuse to compare it to a Las Vegas Resort, because this is certainly not Vegas, there just is no comparison. There is nothing around it! We Traveled here in early July, for 2 nights with our two daughters and my in-laws. We got two rooms, close proximity, on the newer tower. As far as the rooms go, I really have no complaints. The rooms were clean and spacious and the furnishings were nice enough. The view from our room sadly was not the best, we were looking stright at the water tank. We went with the intentions to go to Yosemite for the day and my husband's parents to gamble. All in all, it was a nice stay, but I am not sure I would go back again.
Since I don't gamble I cannot say anything about that aspect but I overheard quite a few people mentioning that the slots weren't very generous... Overall it is not a good value, the rooms are not cheap and the food is expensive as well. So is the arcade. There are no freebies here. We found that it is quite far from Yosemite, about 1 hour from the entrance, but another 45 minutes to get down to Yosemite valley, so we ended up spending way too much time on the road. Next time, we do Yosemite, will stay somewhere closer.
PROS: Rooms are nice and spacious, the country around it is very nice. There are plenty of choices to eat, even thou the food is not amazing, it is still pretty decend, all the places we tried were fine. The Kids's Arcade is a nice touch, giving the young ones something to do. There is a nice spa, but I didn't have time to try it. The Free Valet Parking, do take advantage, or it's a long walk.
CONS: The Smoke!!! Even before you walk in, you can smell it. In the evening it's horrible, and all our clothes stunk, even what we didn't wear. The lack of things to do if you don't gamble..., you are pretty much stuck at the pool. That brings me to a whole new complaint.... The pool area is grossly neglected! There is Bird poop everywere! from the Outside windows to the floor and chairs. There are very few lounge chairs, no one in attendance and the bar is not open, even if all you want is a bottle of water you have to go up to a bar on the casino to get it! The indoor side of the pool is showing wear and tear as well, and the area you swim under is pretty disgusting. I cannot believe they have so much pride in the Lobby and Entrance, and neglected the pool area like that. It has so much potential, it is a shame!
Check-in/Check-out: The check in and check out process needs some help as well. The process is slow, they are not particularly helpful or nice, and they do this weird thing: at check in, they credit back to you your other paid nights and then they charge you for them again at Check Out. I really don't see the point in this practice. If something was pre-paid, months ago, why give it back to charge it in two days? Also, be aware that 30 minutes before your check out time your Room Key will no longer work.
So we were a little dissapointed overall, because with just a little more effort they could make it a much better place to stay and play.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino embodies the ultimate in comfort, luxury, relaxation and excitement. Become inspired by the breathtaking views of the beautiful Sierra foothills from our luxurious and well-appointed rooms and suites. Escape to the luxurious Serenity Springs Spa to have your well-being and natural beauty rejuvenated. Treat yourself to Chukchansi’s unforgettable entertainment and dining experiences. And see why our world-class gaming offers the most ways to win. From the doorstep of the world-renowned Yosemite National Park you’ll find first-class attractions, including majestic lakes, exceptional skiing, championship golf and many other recreational opportunities. Your stay will leave you with a new appreciation for the Sierra Nevada foothills that we call home. The area’s natural beauty and an inherited respect for our native land is apparent in our ongoing environmental initiatives and a Green program in our Hotel rooms that promotes water conservation and use of environmentally-friendly products. Even before the towering Ponderosa pines are in your rearview mirror you’ll be looking forward to your next trip to Chukchansi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chukchansi Gold Hotel Coarsegold
- Chukchansi Gold Resort And Casino