“Above Fresno”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Coarsegold
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Above Fresno”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Everyone knows we like casinos so when we told my husbands cousin we would be in the area and would call them when we found a room they suggested this hotel. We were impressed. Our room was very large, clean and the beds most comfortable. It is a ways up from highway 99 in Fresno but would more than likely stay there again if in the area. We enjoyed the large casino . Also met family at the buffet and the food was very nice with so many choices of very tasty food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Mission Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stay here one night every year after we leave Yosemite. The hotel rooms are really nice, pool area is beautiful and casino is a lot of fun. Good restaurants too - both the food and selection.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I'm not much of a gambler, but that's OK. Our friend got married in Coarsegold, hence why we stayed here. It's a beautiful facility with plenty of restaurants. The rooms were very nice too, and included your own rubber ducky with the Chukchansi logo on it. It's out in an otherwise rural mountain area 35 miles north of Fresno. But if you like to gamble, you should like it.

Room Tip: any room to me was fine, really
1 Thank elcentro1
California
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We found this hotel online and opted to stay overnight while visiting Yosemite. The hotel is located about 15-20 minutes outside the park and provides a great way to spend your nights after taking in Yosemite.

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and a nice place to recoup after hiking and getting dirt on your boots in the park. All and all big thumbs up for us and when we go back to Yosemite we will most likely stay here again.

Pros:
* Proximity to Yosemite
* Restaurants, gaming entertainment onsite.
* Nice clean rooms, fun environment

Cons:
* Cant think of any... possibly might not fit those trying to "rough it"

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gred78
Fresno, Ca
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I normally enjoy this place, but this time for some reason, it has been a "bust". I was promised a "room with a view", but the view was blocked by the roof and other buildings. Someone puked in the pool, and it had to be shut down. One of the main reasons I chose to escape here was so that I could lounge by the pool and read a novel. It's only 6:30am, and I'm already wanting to leave. I don't plan on returning for a very long time.

Room Tip: Get the "blue" rooms as opposed to the "old tower" if possible. Even though we s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Coarsegold hotels

Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I were very tired as we approached Yosemite...and not finding any reasonably new motels we could stop at.......and were surprised to see this huge modern hotel structure from the highway. Turns out to be a massive and elaborate Casino complex. We expected a much higher room rate and were pleased to be able to finally stop driving when told the reasonable rates...not much different than any simple motel we have stayed at recently. The room was very quiet, modern and clean and served our needs well....we slept like babies. We were quite impressed by the variety of services and restaurant variety available under the one roof....and the buffet was very good. We dont gamble and did not enjoy the noise and cigarette smoky atmosphere (amazing how sensitized we have become to smoke..) that was everywhere except in our room. If you just want a good room for the night, that can be had here.... and if you like the atmosphere of a casino floor, this place excels, I am sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors have amazing views...
2 Thank anne g
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have been very curious about Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino. I have gone up there to "pay my dues" a couple of times and also have a good meal at the buffet. I had never thought that I would stay in the hotel. Last week I had an occasion to spend a night in the hotel. I was not disappointed. The room was large and comfortable, with a king-size bed. Check-in desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I know that this would be a good experience because their demeanor was very cordial and professional. A slight problem arose when we arrived in our room. The air conditioner was not working and it was extremely warm in the room. I called housekeeping, and they sent a repair technician up within a few minutes. We woke up the next morning and had breakfast in the downstairs restaurant. Portions were large and the meal was inexpensive. My companion and I did gamble just a bit before leaving, and the whole experience was pleasant.

Room Tip: This can be a destination in and of itself. It is on the way to several attractions such as Yosemit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coarsegold
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Oakhurst Lodge Yosemite
Oakhurst Lodge Yosemite
#5 of 9 in Oakhurst
Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite-Oakhurst

Been to Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!