“Overpriced, below average, and more”

Harris Ranch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harris Ranch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Coalinga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Experience true western hospitality at The Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant, where you can choose from several different dining experiences, each featuring its own distinct style. Whether you're looking for an evening of intimate elegance or the perfect dining setting for you and your family, you're sure to find what you're looking for!
california
“Overpriced, below average, and more”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stopped on a trip. After seeing the prices, we decided on a $15 burger and a $13 panini. The panini was tasteless, not on the correct bread, and came lukewarm. The burger was below average;; only finished less than a half. Service was average.

You could get the same quality, or maybe better quality, at any fast food place on the highway. Avoid Harris Ranch, stop at a chain and save money without losing anything in quality,

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hanford, California
“Dinner and Breakfast Trip”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ended up having dinner and staying the night and breakfast. We had reservations for dinner at 7 p.m. When we arrived our table was ready and was seated immediately. My wife had the Surf & Turf and I ordered the Beef Wellington, but I also ordered some Mountain Oysters to start us off. They Mountain Oysters arrived lightly dusted and deep fried along with the warm spinish salad. They were some of the best I have had, but the wife tried one and that was all she could do. She keep thinking of what the were and that was the end to it.

I dinners came and they were both just fantastic. The beef is just so tender and such great flavor. Just a great dinner and the staff were just outstanding ensuring we had everything we needed.

In the morning went to breakfast and it was just as good as dinner. Just outstanding service and outstanding food. Highly recommend everyone stop and give it a try.

• Visited June 2013
USA
“A return visit and always great!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've been stopping at Harris Ranch for years, when we make the journey up and down Highway 5. We've never been disappointed. The food is always wonderful and a real value. We had breakfast this time. The huevos rancheros were great and the portion was plentiful. I took half my breakfast with me and finished it at lunch. Another person in our group had a "baseball" steak, which essentially is a round sirloin. It was great-tender and juicy. The accompanying fresh fruit was fabulous. The staff as always, is well-trained and very attentive without being cloying. The store has beautiful items. We have never stayed at the hotel, but it beckons. If you haven't tried Harris Ranch, you are missing out big time. Give yourself a travel break and stop.

Irvine, California
“Sorry We Stopped!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have been stopping in at the Harris Ranch every time we head up to Northern California on Interstate 5, it is always a treat and something to look forward to on a long, boring drive. Not anymore, what a disappointment. We stopped for hamburgers and they were terrible! I requested a Gorgonzola burger, medium, on wheat bun, no red peppers with sweet potato fries. After a rather long wait, a Gorgonzola burger, well done, on a potato bun with nothing but the patty and the cheese was present, along with ice cold sweet potato fries. Hubby had them bring hot fries but by the time they arrived we were done trying to eat these old, overcooked and tasteless burgers. His was the bun less burger and it was not any better than mine. When the waitress asked how we like our meal I explained that not one item was correct on our plates, she seemed rather indifferent and just presented us with the bill. Usually I purchased stuff in the gift shop/store, not this trip and never again. Think I could have gotten a better hamburger at McDonalds and it would not have cost $16.95!

Livermore, California
“Get off I-5 and Eat Here! You Won't Regret It!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We've driven past Harris Ranch on many trips between the Bay Area and LA. This time we decided to stop and have lunch. My husband had the Beef Roast (best ever!) and I had the French Dip (delicious). Everything was just wonderful. Service was top notch; all wait staff was very polite and attentive. My husband does not often rave about restaurants but said he'd drive two hours (the drive time from our home) to have this meal again.