“Worst Ribeye Ever!”

Harris Ranch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harris Ranch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Coalinga
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Experience true western hospitality at The Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant, where you can choose from several different dining experiences, each featuring its own distinct style. Whether you're looking for an evening of intimate elegance or the perfect dining setting for you and your family, you're sure to find what you're looking for!
California
“Worst Ribeye Ever!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First let me say...."I only eat meat". No bread, no salads, no carbs. Just food from animals. So I have had MANY steaks. I stopped at Harris Ranch one morning on my way down to San Diego. I was thrilled that they were open early for breakfast, because I just wanted a big steak to keep me going for the rest of the day.

On the breakfast menu, Harris Ranch had a sage and coffee crusted ribeye & 3 eggs for 23.95. Perfect! I ordered medium rare, no potatoes or toast. They brought me 3 perfectly cooked eggs and a black steak. Ok,... I figured it was the coffee rub or something. It was the coffee rub......charred into bits of black charcoal on a ribeye steak that was well done. Imagine biting into a well done steak coated in burnt coffee grounds. It was really gross. I was starving and figured this steak had to get better in the middle. It didn't. I ate the eggs and about 1/3 through the steak decided I couldn't stand another bite.
The server asked how my steak was and I said way over done. She said she thought it looked overdone and just walked away. I got my bill and was charged the full 23.95 for the burnt steak & eggs. One the bright side, the coffee was really good.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Visalia, California
“Always Delicious”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

If you love steak, make sure to make this your stop especially if your driving by on the I-5. Its a little expensive, but the food is always A+. Ordered the 16oz Prime Rib and oh my god it was HUGE! Took the first bite and it was like it melted in my mouth. Always my favorite steak spot.

1 Thank Pedro P
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel staff recommended this restaurant and I was delighted with their tip. Food was excellent, with the rolls being noted as outstanding.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ltdan52
Simi Valley, California
“Bad market”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were there a couple of months ago and spent nearly a couple of hundred dollars in the market . The items were packed for our trip home ( a couple of hours ) and everthing seem to have made it fine. We bought a package of the frozen burger patties which were still frozen when we got home . The next day we removed a couple of them and BBQ'd them . They tasted and smelled fishy -strange for a meat market ? We thought that maybe it was the BBQ so I cleaned the grates well and tried again the next day with the same result. We called and spoke to a manager who said they were sorry and would refund the price of the patties by check-well it's been two months and NO refund- I guess it's just a buch of BS. For the ten dollars you will lose much more future business from us and maybe others . Terrible.

Visited November 2012
Simi Valley, California
“POOR customer service in the market”
Reviewed January 2, 2013