“Wow, what a great find in a sleepy town!”
Review of Sweetly Devine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweetly Devine
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I drive I-5 quite a bit and am limited with dining choices...unless I like fast food. Took the spur road to Coalinga and discovered this little gem. The owner, and our server, was friendly and energetic. The homemade chicken vegetable soup was amazing. My sandwhich was very good and my buddy's salad looked great. Fresh ingeredients, clever combinations, and atypical items on the menu made this place a must stop for me when I have the time to deviate from the I-5 drive. It reminded me of a local restaurant you'd find in the Marin County country. Lunch specials, and there were a lot of choices, were only $10. I recommend this place very much.

1  Thank silverstater

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Living in small town you don't have many options, so the restaurants start to get old. One place that I cant get enough of is Sweetly Devine. Sherry Devine the owner of Sweetly Devine had created an friendly atmosphere. The moment you walk in it feels like you are at home. Her food is delicious, and staff is super friendly.

Being a soup and salad lover that I am, I am never disappointed with her many different choices of salads. (If you ever get the chance to try her taco salad you will not be disappointed.) Soups are always to die for. My personal favorite in her chili and corn bread. In the words of my four year old "its bomb". The corn bread is probably the best you will ever have.

I always get a cupcake when I am done. I am one picky person when it comes to cupcakes, but her cupcakes never let me down. So moist! Frosting is not to sweet! Just AMAZING!!!!

2  Thank livelaughlove232
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Dear Travelers, passersby, and those of us who are just pain stranded like yours truly, Sweetly Devine is a breath of fresh air in Coalinga, Ca. If you're a city person used to quaint cafes with great eats there is no other place in Coalinga where you’ll find what you’re looking for. Right away I notice the great signage out front. It’s like a novel with the perfect title and cover art—you get an immediate feel for what type for story you’re about to embark upon.

Sherry Devine, the owner, greats you with a sincere smile and warm heart, as it’s her heart that shines brightest in this SWEETLY DEVINE (pun intended) and quaint café. For this very important reason, I bumped her overall rating from “Very Good” to “Excellent.” The aesthetic is clean, bright and charmingly homey, as Ms. Devine states herself, “I decorate just like I do in my house.” I can only imagine her house is host to many who feel at home.

I could not take my eyes off the buffet adorned with perfectly arranged carousels cradling bouquets of cupcakes—I plucked a mouthwatering caramel macchiato with a palate cleansing cup of English Breakfast Tea post main course. The menu is everything you would expect from an eatery of this nature with a twist. I ordered a French Dip as I so often do. I forgot to ask for a side of horseradish which I never go without only to realize the “Nelson French Dip” is a mesquite family recipe and one would never put horseradish on such already spicy perfection. Prior to the sandwich, I had the made-with-love-from-scratch minestrone soup with freshly grated parmesan and it was fantastic! Day two’s mushroom cheese burger, salad, chips and salsa were excellent. Sherry accompanies most of her dishes with soup or salad and chips with salsa. She also knows how to select the perfect bread textures for her sandwiches and burgers, as they hold all the flavors of the dish harmoniously.

One could say I’m simply bored as I’m well in to day five of my abandonment, OR that Sweetly Devine is truly all I review it to be. I can assure you the latter is true. Bon Appétit!

-Brian Keith Huffaker

PS—The staff watched me park my car on my second visit and had my spot near the electrical outlet set up for wifi use. Need I say more about the staff?

2  Thank BrianKeithHuffaker
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I eat here for lunch a lot during the week. It's probably the best place in Coalinga to eat. The good is always fresh hot and delicious. I highly recommend this place if your in Coalinga. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The owner is a very sweet lady, who makes an attempt to get to know the locals. But the chips are store bought, as is the salsa. The salads are pretty good, and the main course are great. The atmosphere is ok, but the desserts are always yummy. One of the nicer places to eat in the area and the prices are fantastic. This is a nice place for a peaceful lunch with friends or the family.