“Wonderful place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harris Ranch Inn

Harris Ranch Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Coalinga
Green Valley, Arizona
“Wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was such a nice hotel. The room was very nice...spacious and well decorated. Only there for one night but will return again and again. One small drawback is the property's proximity to the stockyards and if the wind is right...well...not the most pleasant smell but only a minor glitch in an otherwise exceptional experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

After a tiring trip from Lake Tahoe due to roadwork, it was awesome to turnoff I5 and into the beautiful Harris Ranch property. The rooms are always clean and well furnished. There are restaurants onsite, room service and a Subway and Harris Ranch Shell gas station that carries the ranch sandwiches and other goodies if it is late at nite or some other odd time. The pool is gorgeous, the gift shop has a good selection of items. A great p,ace to stop.

Room Tip: Every room that I have had there has been great. Occasionally, if a family comes in late at nite, yo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here primarily because of its convenient location off the 5 fwy and the on-site restaurant. THE GOOD: The bed and comforter were very comfortable. The rest of the room was just average. The restaurant next door is excellent and worth coming back for.

THE BAD: We booked the Wine & Dine package deal, which comes with a restaurant credit & a bottle of wine. At check-in they gave us white wine. I asked for red wine instead, and the clerk REFUSED TO GIVE ME RED WINE. She said "we don't do substitutions." Considering that they have a huge restaurant and country store full of wines, I consider this policy to reflect very poorly on the owners......The clerk was not rude, but she was not friendly or welcoming.....In the evening, the stench of cow manure is so STRONG & overwhelming that we did not go outside because every time you open the door the stench gets into the room.

Room Tip: All the rooms will stink in the evening if you go outside because of the cows
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MarthaLongBeach
Lake Forest, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've been to Harris Ranch quite a few times over the years and this was nothing like my usual stay.
I went with my mother, we were on our way to northern california and Harris Ranch is normally our favorite way-station on our way up.
We arrived, got to the check in, found that we were being placed in a room without a bath tub, which we always request. We booked this months in advance, this was unacceptable. So we were given keys to another room that came with a tub, we get in, and it's the handicapped room, and it was the worst looking room in the entire place! It was dark, dingy, sort of dirty and worn looking. This room should be available only to those who really need it! And It really needs an upgrade!!

We call the front desk and they put us on hold for at least 10-15 minutes, we finally hung up and just walked to the front desk. I found them really rigid, cold and and unfriendly. And they weren't really that knowledgeable about the hotel because she claimed she wasn't aware she had given us the handicapped room at all.
So finally she gives us a luxury suite, claiming there are hardly any rooms because there are 2 wedding parties at the hotel.

Turns out the suite we got must have been right below the room the wedding party? was using as their party room. They were stomping around all night at least 6-8 people in the room at a time, They noisily came in at 11pm, partied for a while, left a 2, came back from 3:30 -5 and then onwards making noise and stomping on the floor loudly ALL NIGHT.

I didn't realize Harris Ranch was a place to party, maybe it's heading that way, what a shame.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank michaelawhitney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here Friday over Labor Day weekend. It was fairly busy with 2 large wedding parties on the property. I was very disappointed with the front desk staff on this visit. Not very friendly and did not meet my room requirements that I asked for during my booking. They first offered me a room with out a bathtub. I told them I did not want it so they sent me off to a room on the lower level that clearly was a handicapped room. I felt very bad if a person with a wheelchair disability had to stay in such a poor room that was not updated and super dark and dungeon like. I called the front desk and was put on hold twice for 10 minutes each time. I finally hung up and went to the front desk. I was offered their Luxury King Suite and was forced to share a King bed with my daughter.
Then the room above me was the party room and I heard banging on the floor all night. Then a woman used my exit door outside mine to smoke her cigarettes at odd hours.
The chairs in the room at the table are very uncomfortable. There was some mold in the jet in my tub. The carpet is very clean but very bumpy and needs to be restretched.

This trip the wind blew the opposite direction and it smelled like "O de cow".

Of all my trips I have had over the years this was my least favorite stay. I usually look forward to my overnites here. I love the new TV's, but the picture quality was very fuzzy.

I think Harris needs to have a staff meeting and a walk through their rooms and find that attention to detail and quality of service that you once had.

Room Tip: When you book make sure you ask for floor that you would like to be on. There are 3. If you want a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Harris Ranch is known for their Beef. I'd been there before and loved the restaurant. What I didn't know was how amazing the hotel there is. It's like a hacienda in the middle of the Valley. The architecture and attention to detail is second to none. The rooms were clean, nicely kept and comfortable. The staff from the hotel to restaurant were outstanding. We had another perfect meal there. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaweeka
Torrance
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Room very nice, love the Tri-Tip, love the pool and everyone is very nice and pleasant! The Harrris Ranch Inn is an oasis for those of us traveling between north and south CA. However on this trip, I did not like the mosquitos in the room on the return trip home ;(

Room Tip: Ask to not be next to cleaning supply room - I had to learn the hard way on a previous trip
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coalinga
BEST WESTERN Big Country Inn
#4 of 7 in Coalinga
Kings Rest Motel
Kings Rest Motel
#6 of 6 in Lemoore

Been to Harris Ranch Inn? Share your experiences!