“mthey night stay on sept 16,2013”

Motel 6 Coalinga East
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Coalinga
Redding, California
“mthey night stay on sept 16,2013”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went out to dinner and came back and all parking in our room area was taken by road crew workers. We were on our way to Mexico where we live for 8 months. i had two huge suitcases in the back of our SUV with all my the clothes for the winter. We had to park a long way from our room next to an empty field and the next morning we found out that someone had smashed out the back window in our car and stolen all of my clothes. We went to the front office and the girl was not very helpful.. Do you want to call the police she asked." heck yes". 2 hours later the police showed up and were very nice but that doesn't bring back $ 3000.00 of clothes. i feel if we could have parked by our room this wouldn't have happened as we have a large dog. The manager finally came and said he was sorry but that still leaves me with no clothes. Don't stay unless you park directly in front of your room and don't leave anything of value in your car. Clothes $ 3000.00 Window $259.00 expense nite

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Johnson J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here with our four children for one night. When we arrived at about 9pm, the whole place stank of urine and the dark car park was populated by young men in groups drinking on the back of their pick up trucks. When we went into the central outside area, there were more people drinking on a picnic table. It was an intimidating atmosphere, not one I would normally take my family in to. We even thought about travelling on, but as it was late decided against it. The key card and back of the doors stressed the importance of bolting the door and calling 911 which didn't fill us with confidence!

We locked the doors and were kept up by the next door room where two or three men were talking and shouting loudly.

The water pipes were ridiculously noisy, and the air con old and loud too. The whole place needed gutting.

In the morning we saw a cockroach crawl across the floor and decided we could not get out of the place fast enough.

It might be ok for groups of male travellers who are not too discerning, or for seasonal workers or truckers who just want a cheap place to wash and lay down for the night. BUT DO NOT GO HERE WITH A FAMILY or if you are a woman on your own.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan R

Travelers are raving about these Coalinga hotels

notts
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Arrived at 10pm on way to see friends near Monterey. Room was spotless, smelt pleasantly of cleaning products, had a fridge, microwave and a coffee machine. Outside was pool and a jacuzzi! All for $55 for three of us. That's what I call good value. Oh and complimentary coffee too. Not prize winning coffee but a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the pool. It's round the back and quieter. Plus you're looking at a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First issue we had was one of the rooms they gave us already had occupants inside sleeping so you could imagine what it felt like trying to open the door and the people inside freaking out. Once we realize the room was occupied, we went downstairs to notify the from desk that there was someone in the room, the guy at the front desk gets upset and gives us attitude about it like it was our fault. Secondly, we get in the other room and during the process of pulling back the blanket to get into bed, we noticed that the sheets and the pillow cases were never changed before we got our room, we noticed that the sheets and pillow cases were wrinkled as if someone was sleeping on it and after further observation we noticed that the sheets and pillow cases had body hair on them as well, it was disgusting!!!! I called the front desk to let him know that the bed had old sheets on it and they needed to change it or give us another room, The guy tells me with attitude (as if it was my fault) that no one was there who could change the sheets and that all the rooms are occupied. He said that he could give me new sheets so I could change them myself. Not only did they have dirty sheets, the room only had one bath towel that felt like sand paper. This is by far the worst hotel/motel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Albert C
Vancouver
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you have ever stayed at a Motel 6 , you usually know what you are getting . A very basic , clean room . Two bars of soap , nothing more , nothing less . An extra charge of $3 for wifi .
Our room was fine . Clean , fresh smell . The towels were better than what we have usually had at other Motel 6's . They seemed new and thicker . A nice surprise ! They even had a Bbq near the pool .
Upon leaving the following morning , once we stepped out our door , we could smell the 'aroma' from the Harris Ranch . It didn't permeate our room , but I don't know what it would be like in mid July / August . I'm sure it would be the same for all motels in the area . There are a few eating places close by , and it is a good stop to break up the monotony of I-5 .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Skwiki
Jacksonville
Reviewed March 7, 2013

After reading negative reviews of this motel we took a close look at the rooms before we booked. We found them to be clean, and totally satisfactory for a night's sleep. Low rate makes the lack of extras like shampoo and lotions easy to accept. Highly recommended for south bound travelers wanting to hit LA during non-peak traffic hours.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Traveling from Portland to L.A I did a lot of research and I found the Motel 6 was the best deal for a one night stay. I originally booked the Travelodge at a rate of 70.00. But I found the rate of 40.00 at the Six. Upon check-in there was 5 to 6 people and one loud ld man that would not stop talking. But the girl did an amazing job of getting through all of us and checked into our rooms. The room was clean, along with he showers. Other than that you did here the showers running in other rooms. I would definitely stay in the future.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coalinga
Best Western Big Country Inn
#3 of 7 in Coalinga
Laura Lodge
Laura Lodge
#5 of 7 in Coalinga

Been to Motel 6 Coalinga East? Share your experiences!