Motel 6 Coalinga East
$50
Royal Lodge(Coalinga)
$53
$120
Kettleman City Inn(Kettleman City)
$80
$67
$81
  • Pool
$59
All reviewsaarp cardstay there againhairdryertravelodgesoapcorridormicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First issue we had was one of the rooms they gave us already had occupants inside sleeping so you could imagine what it felt like trying to open the door and the people inside freaking out. Once we realize the room was occupied, we went downstairs to notify the from desk that there was someone in the room, the guy at the front desk gets upset and gives us attitude about it like it was our fault. Secondly, we get in the other room and during the process of pulling back the blanket to get into bed, we noticed that the sheets and the pillow cases were never changed before we got our room, we noticed that the sheets and pillow cases were wrinkled as if someone was sleeping on it and after further observation we noticed that the sheets and pillow cases had body hair on them as well, it was disgusting!!!! I called the front desk to let him know that the bed had old sheets on it and they needed to change it or give us another room, The guy tells me with attitude (as if it was my fault) that no one was there who could change the sheets and that all the rooms are occupied. He said that he could give me new sheets so I could change them myself. Not only did they have dirty sheets, the room only had one bath towel that felt like sand paper. This is by far the worst hotel/motel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Albert C
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you have ever stayed at a Motel 6 , you usually know what you are getting . A very basic , clean room . Two bars of soap , nothing more , nothing less . An extra charge of $3 for wifi .
Our room was fine . Clean , fresh smell . The towels were better than what we have usually had at other Motel 6's . They seemed new and thicker . A nice surprise ! They even had a Bbq near the pool .
Upon leaving the following morning , once we stepped out our door , we could smell the 'aroma' from the Harris Ranch . It didn't permeate our room , but I don't know what it would be like in mid July / August . I'm sure it would be the same for all motels in the area . There are a few eating places close by , and it is a good stop to break up the monotony of I-5 .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Skwiki
Reviewed March 7, 2013

After reading negative reviews of this motel we took a close look at the rooms before we booked. We found them to be clean, and totally satisfactory for a night's sleep. Low rate makes the lack of extras like shampoo and lotions easy to accept. Highly recommended for south bound travelers wanting to hit LA during non-peak traffic hours.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Traveling from Portland to L.A I did a lot of research and I found the Motel 6 was the best deal for a one night stay. I originally booked the Travelodge at a rate of 70.00. But I found the rate of 40.00 at the Six. Upon check-in there was 5 to 6 people and one loud ld man that would not stop talking. But the girl did an amazing job of getting through all of us and checked into our rooms. The room was clean, along with he showers. Other than that you did here the showers running in other rooms. I would definitely stay in the future.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to stop here for the night when traveling from Napa to LA and we weren't sure what to expect for $50 per night. The room was quiet and very clean. The shower had a little problem being convinced to go up from the bathtub faucet but with a tug on the handle it worked and had good pressure. The mattress was very soft so If you need a firm mattress you will be disappointed with it. The towels were a bit thin but very white with no stains. They only provided two bars of soap so make sure to bring your own shampoo. Overall though we were more than pleased for a one night stop over while traveling.

• Stayed: October 2012