“Nice Attentive Staff. Food Very Average. Nothing Special.”

El Quetzal Restaurant
Ranked #213 of 274 Restaurants in Clovis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 23, 2013

NO margaritas? Wow. That was my first impression. Ok, so I had thought well maybe everything will be good with the highly touted food from a hotel front staffer. I suppose my tastes are quite different than this gentleman's. The waitress was very nice and polite. Accommodated me in most ways. However, this average nothing to look at atmosphere place with very tasteless food that seems a level above frozen grocery store Mexican food was prevalent. In my good consciousness, I can't say anything stands out as being special about this food. There has to be other better choices. My only regret is that I didn't try one of them and listened to the hotel person's recommendation. That was a mistake.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

We have been frequenting this little strip mall Mexican restaurant since it first opened in 1981. The food is flavorful and plentiful. Depending on the quality of fresh produce available (like fresh lettuce or tomatoes) you can count on the Tostada Compuesta or Burrito Supremo to be filling, and so good. Their ala carte menu is good, but for a few more pennies, add a cup of their 'meatball' soup...it is so good. And did I say flavorful? The cook uses onions, red and green peppers, and so many wonderful flavorful ingredients in everything they offer on the menu, we have sampled just about everything, and can vouch for that. The price has been getting a bit higher, but the quality is worth it.