“Pleasant Friday Afternoon Lunch”

The Old Hotel Bistro
Ranked #31 of 269 Restaurants in Clovis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Fresno, California
“Pleasant Friday Afternoon Lunch”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is my first visit to this restaurant since it changed owners. My friend and I had a very pleasant lunch and our food was well presented. Our server was very gracious and checked on us often. Our lunch was exactly what we ordered and we enjoyed it. The owner came over to our table and introduced himself with a small conversation. I plan to return for a Friday evening dinner with my husband and post another review.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Monique0007

Fresno, CA
“Won't be coming back”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were looking forward to a wonderful Easter lunch but were very soon disappointed. We were seated at a table without any silverware and had to ask for it several times. It was a special menu for Easter at $16.99 per plate but at 2:00 pm they were already out of the lamb. Our entire party ordered Chicken Kiev along with a pot of tea. The tea looked like coffee. When I went to pour the cream, it literally plopped out of the creamer. Our dinner arrived soon thereafter. I have never in my life seen Chicken Kiev "nuggets". And talk about hard! We could have broken a window with a single piece. The mashed potatoes were tasteless and the carrots not only hard but a very dark brown. The waitress brought the bread basket out to us close to the end of the meal (not the beginning with the salad) in a filthy cloth napkin. It looked like someone had blown their nose in it! We were actually worried we might get sick from the meal. We told the waitress that the meal was awful. She did offer to let us speak with the owner but at that point we just wanted to leave so we promptly paid our bill. We will not go back. This is unfortunate because we will miss the atmosphere the hotel has to offer. This is NOT by any stretch the Victoria Rose.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank meechmom
California
“Quaint and Sweet.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I enjoyed my visit to Victoria Rose Cottage. We had an assorted scones and breakfast dessert dish which was paired nicely with some teas.

The only issue was how long we had to wait. We had reservations and we still waited for some time. I want to go back to see if things have changed since I first visted.

Food wasn't amazing but the atmosphere and special occasion element of the venue was nice.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank BuddhaInHeels
“Nice lunch close to airport”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Fancy ladies lunch place with delicious homemade potato chips. Excellent sandwiches and large selection of tea and coffees. Definitely going back to check out the desserts

Clovis, California
“Very good Monte Cristo sandwiches in a beautiful 1800's decor”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

New name, Victoria Rose Restaurant. Enjoyed a couple tasty Monte Cristo sandwiches on 2 different recent visits, preceded by fresh salads with vinaigrette dressing, followed by excellent Raspberry English Trifle the first time and rich coconut cake the second visit. Immaculate 1800's detailed decor (well worth a visit to see in person), pleasant servers and clean restrooms. The server erred during my first visit and brought the wrong sandwich. The mistake was corrected without hassle. Check their website for menus and limited hours. Dinner is served only on Fridays and Saturdays. The Monte Cristo sandwiches were very good compared to those served at Disneyland's Blue Bayou Restaurant, which set the standard for perfect Monte Cristo sandwiches.

• Visited May 2012