“Great downtown Clovis hotel”

Best Western Clovis Cole
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have stayed here many times and the Clovis Cole never fails to deliver a great nights sleep in a lovely location for a great value. My only complaint this time- it was heavily booked and there were no tables to sit at for eating the continental breakfast. People were lingering over their newspapers while guests piled up looking for chairs. We ended up taking our cereal and coffee back to our rooms. Trees have grown up over the years so the grounds here are really lovely.
We had a handicapped room and the shower was awesome!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 20, 2012

The Best Western Cole is a nice hotel in the Old Clovis. The large rooms were clean and attractive. A continental breakfast was provided that included coffee, juice, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, a variety of bread and rolls, and yogurt. Staff was friendly. The only negative was the noise caused by the room heater. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed here for a week in June - it was a hot week and the a/c had to run constantly -- each room had an individual unit and they were all noisey -- it is was good that I can sleep through noise. The rooms were okay but I expected better from Best Western. The breakfast looked a little better than continental - but I was fortunate that function I was there for served a full breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at this facility for (4) nights while visiting family in Clovis. This is a very well run hotel located right in "old town" Clovis. It is very clean and well managed. We will definitely be staying here again. "Old Town" Clovis is a very quaint, historic several square block area with nice stores, restaurants, etc. Allow yourself time to check this out, particularly if you like "antiquing".

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed one evening on business, and chose this hotel largely because of its location next door to where my meeting was.
The hotel is a pretty good best western: it was clean, wel maintained and mostly quiet. "Mostly quiet" because the in room AC was very load and, if you know Clovis, you're gonna need it.
There is a small breakfast area with complimentary Fresno Bee and the usual breakfast that isn't that great. Not really worse than other motel/hotels offering simlar, but nothing to write home about. (Except maybe that I would have tossed the bannas a day prior to my being there.)
The other demerit comes from the hallway, which I thought had some kind of off-odor (smoke?) although my room did not have that problem so other than a few moments while walking it didn't bother me.
The room itself was comfortable, but nothing special either. I am not a fan of bathrooms that don't have a counter or something to put my glasses on while showering, so a small table or something could be added next to the tub and I would like it.
The outside is very nice, and the pool was a welcome addition due to the heat. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful in giving me a couple extra hours to check out so that I could get to and from the meeting, and still have time for a fast splash in the pool before leaving.
So, if you are in the area (and there did seem to be a very nice antique store/small boutique/restaurant loaded quaint downtown right next door), this is a perfectly nice hotel to look at.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Front desk Andrew was unbelievably RUDE!!! Never have I experienced worse service. Carol Griggs Manager should be ashamed of herself for keeping this employee on. Went down the street to Comfort Suites-Jackie at front desk was an angel. She got us a nicer, cleaner, cheaper room. Done with Best Westerns!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sln321
Reviewed July 16, 2011

What an outstanding hotel to stay at. We originally were looking to stay again in Fresno, but found out about a "Farmers Market Night" in nearby Clovis. We saw the Best Westen Clovis Cole and thought it might be too expensive because of the close location to a nice downtown with Antique Stores mixed with night life atmosphere. We were wrong. Beautiful, nice and clean with a continental breakfast. I will now always stay here when by the Fresno area. Don't miss this place.

Room Tip: Very clean, refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker in room .