“Best hotel value in Fresno/Clovis”

Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Looking for a nice place to stay in the Fresno/Clovis area? I strongly recommend "The Hilton Garden Inn" on Shaw Ave. *Exceptional customer service and friendly staff *Cook to order breakfast *Convenient location *Close to Fresno St. *Close to the best BBQ restaurant "The Dog House"

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Johnnie H, Sales Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clovis, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hey David,

Just want to say thanks for such a kind review and to tell you we deeply appreciate your stay with us. Our staff constantly try to make to the Dog House for lunch but that place stays busy, but hopefully you had the oppurtunity to try their food because it's really good. Hope this found you having a great day. Take care and once again, thanks for choosing Hilton.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Clovis

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 28, 2013

after a 6 hr car ride, our family needed an early check-in to change clothes before an aftn funeral. the mgr & staff were very helpful AND provided us with directions to the cemetery. the rooms are what you'd expect - clean and comfortable

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Johnnie H, Sales Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clovis, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thanks for such a kind review, I am happy our staff were able to accomodate your early checkin process for you. Will we see you again? Hope so, have a great day! :)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Top notch hoel and definately worth the $100 per night for the king room! Super friendly and accomodating staff. The warm, welcome cookies in the lobby were very unique and delicious! The room was spotless and well apointed. The Keurig coffee maker made me happy, too! If you are a breakfast person, you won't find a better free breakfast! Hot pancakes, omeletes, eggs (any way you want them), hash browns; all made to order! Plus the usual cold items en mass.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Day Elizabeth,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and also thanks for such a kind review. I must say, I personally am a fan of our breakfast too, especially our omeletes! We hope we're granted another chance to serve you some good breakfast again and as always, thanks for choosing our Hilton. Take Care!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Hilton was chosen for its location (close to a Clovis destination) more than anything. The overnight stay turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The outside is rather austere but well kept and neat. We were met in the lobby with welcoming lemon/orange water, coffee, tea and cookies. After a painless registration we went up to our rooms to find them very comfortable except for the cold. The thermostat quickly cure that condition. The beds and amenities were quite comfortable. The small restaurant served a very reasonable breakfast in a bright, sunny environment in the morning. An express checkout completed our stay. If not the most memorable of hotels but very efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms along Shaw Avenue.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hey Surfpv,

Thanks for such a kind review, we are extremely glad you enjoyed your evening with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Clovis. Hope to see you soon. Take Care!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Do not stay at this place unless you don't mind being woken up by fire alarms! It has happened to me in the middle of the night three out of eight stays. Additionally, the housekeeping staff walked in my room to clean at 7:45 a.m. as I was showering!

Hey Stephanie,

We are super sorry about our alarms waking you, as a guest, you are entitled to great stay as well as good rest. It is our job to make sure our guest are protected from any signs of danger, and in this case were our fire alarms. We are a 100% smoke-free property & we try to enforce this policy as much as we can and catch everyone in violation. We would love to have a 2nd chance at making you smile with our services and offer you a better stay verses this past one. I hope this finds you having a great day, take care.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Excellent hotel in every regard; great bed, clean rooms, beautiful lobby and bar. I would recommend this property to anyone and as a female, I'm a very particular business traveler even though I cannot afford to stay in first class hotels!

Wow Carmene,

Thanks for such a kind review. As a limited service hotel, we try operate on a full service scale. We are thankful for the shape our property is currently in and we are just happy it remains a peferred hotel by many. Thanks again, take care and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently booked my group at this location. I called in our room list after the date for the list was due. Upon doing so, I was told that because I did not have a room list in when due, and that my rooms were released. As disappointing as this was, it was totally understandable, and so I had to rush to find a hotel that would accept my group on short notice.

Today I was reviewing my credit card statement, and notice that this hotel had charged my credit card for the entire booking of my group, which we did not use. When I called and spoke to management to try and resolve this issue, their response was that no one would tell me my rooms were released, and that I was still responsible for the rooms, regardless if I used them or not. They refused to make any adjustments to the charges, and basically told me tough luck. This is totally unacceptable, and if I could give them less than 1 star, I would! This is some of the poorest management I have ever dealt with. My group and I will never stay at this location ever again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hey Robert,

We are terribly sorry about your group, we would love to hear from you in our Sales Office. Feel free to give us a call. (559) 299-2203. Talk with you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis
Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!