WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Clovis

Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent Guest Service, Very nice rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Checked in around 11pm after a long drive. Desk Clerk was very cheerful, helpful and courteous. Room was large, clean, included microwave and fridge and had a great shower! Adjustable bed worked fine; set to firm on one side and soft on the other...very comfortable. Coffee in the lobby at 6am was great and breakfast food and service were wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Johnnie H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clovis, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hey Scott, we thank you for your stay with us, as well as your review. Your reviews are important to us and are here to help us by noticing what we are doing right as well as what we are doing wrong, it was a pleasure serving you. See you at check-in next trip. Have a great day buddy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Norco, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Horrible! Party next door! Reported to staff numerous times. Nothing done. Party shut down at 5:30 am! Thank you Hilton for no sleep and the staff acting as if I was the bad guy! It took numerous calls the same day to speak with a manager. They did not call me, I had to keep calling back to express my dissatisfaction! I will not stay at this hotel again..!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Sharon L
I do apologize for your stay with us and I would hate for a bad encounter as such to ruin a relationship with you because once you stay with us you become family. I hope this finds you having a better day.
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Hmm. I have never seen reviews "collected in partnership" with the hotel/motel being reviewed. Is that something akin to "promotional consideration" to the facility by the new-to-TA reviewer?
Here's a real review: This Hilton property is about an extra 10-minute drive from the Hampton Inn at Herndon and CA47 at which I have recently stayed twice (see my review). For me the extra 10 minute drive to this HGI in Clovis was well worth it. The rooms are nicer (and cleaner), and as an HGI, this facility has a nice business center, a small breakfast/dinner restaurant and a limited bar (wine and beer only from the look of it). I used the business center -- clean and reasonable speed computer. I used the gym - one nice recumbent bike, lots of elipticals and treadmills. I had the breakfast for $10, which was fine with the exception of the coffee which is blah. I also had dinner at the bar, a club salad with freshly cooked chicken. The dinner menu is limited, but everything appears to be freshly cooked by the one chef (you can see into the kitchen from the bar). About the only thing that I would change is the coffee.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very clean, comfortable, attractive room. Quiet with nice amenities--big, flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, good shower. I am just not sure that the electronics in the bed were working. I could detect no difference between firm and soft.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

AV help (contracted) was very helpful as was conference help making it a successful conference. Only complaint was not having restaurant available onsite at lunch and temperature control of the room. It was warm in the actual conference room. All in all it was a great place for a seminar.

Redlands, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really enjoy HGI properties and this one isn't an exception. It was a little weird when I checked in the staff explained a "no-scald" shower system and he said that "rarely we have guests that have an issue, but we have a no scald system that sometimes make the shower cold". I enjoyed my stay, the bar has great beverages, the bartender is extremely friendly, the food at the breakfast buffet was decent and the rooms are comfortable. The only problem came when I showered the next day with the "no-scald" system. My shower was freezing and never got warm. When I let them the issue (granted it was upon checkout because I had a meeting) the staff seemed unconcerned. I would give this hotel another chance without a doubt because everyone was so friendly.

aurora, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice HGI. Had dinner at the restaurant both nights I stayed here. Staff is very friendly, room and hotel facility was very clean. The work our room was sufficient. Could have been larger, but was good enough. The area didn't offer a lot for food or shopping but it is close to the airport, which is why I picked it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Inn
BEST WESTERN Clovis Cole

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!