“A Fine Example of the Garden Inn Program”

Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This property is a very good example of the most recent Garden Inns. Rooms are nice and well appointed. The front of house areas are clean, well kept, bright and inviting. The restaurant and bar area are comfortable and the staff makes in easy and comfortable to relax.

They have an appropriate sized "meeting facility" adjacent to the lobby and this obviously brings in groups which help keep the hotel rolling along well.

I have met the GM at the property and you can certainly see how her drive makes things work and keeps everything in tip top shape.

Room Tip: West side rooms tend to warm up in summer. East side rooms get the morning sunrise. There is littl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kirk H

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This has to be the best customer service I have received at a hotel in a very long time. Front desk, housekeeping, and the restaurant staff were excellent! The rooms are very clean and offer a mini-frig and small microwave. Morning breakfast was very good. Business center and printing facilities work great and are conveniently located. Cons: very heavy doors into the room, bathroom door swings shut automatically (not good with small children), and staff park in the portico area in front so you can't load/unload your vehicle at check-in/out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot instead of the alley. Monday mornings the garbage truck comes...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DeniV85
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Excellent hotel. Rooms are big and well kept. The breakfast was great and the front desk went out of their way to help us when their was an issue with the payment. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We will definitely be staying there again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jake R
Reviewed October 12, 2012

What a great place; we're really great big fans of HGI and this place really lived up to our expectations. We were looking for a restful evening and we really found it here. If you're thinking about this place, think no more because this is the place!!!

Room Tip: It is just south of Fresno and it a perfect stop.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brine G
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came in at 9:00 to the Fresno airport. This hotel was close by. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly, the room was clean. I was a little worried that the area would be noisy based on another review but we never heard anything and our room was way at the end of the hall. No complaints about this hotel and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank treesprite07
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not the kind of hotel I want to be staying at. I am assuming that this is from the GM Cynthia Jones, but what a horrible way to talk to your employees.

Hello Team Member,

Once again I find myself repeating what I have already said. I am addressing these issues across the board one final time. After you read this email please reply back that you read and understand what is being said. If you have questions feel free to email me those too. Once I have your reply, this will then be printed and placed in your files. I am speaking to all forms of management as well.

It has been brought to my attention that some employees are still eating for free. The reason I took away the employee menu is because of the abuse which is not fair for those who have not abuse the privilege. I have given you a deep discount and you abused that, now I hear the abusers are ordering food thru members of management and getting the food for free.

Moving forward NO member of management is allowed to order any food for anyone. If I find out that this is being done…and I will reprimand each and every one of you. I am tired of saying the same thing over and over again.. I will be suspending on the spot if I see this again and your position with the company will be up for review.
(put your initials here_____)

Miranda will be the Manager on Duty in the evenings to monitors ALL operations in ALL departments. She has been instructed to send you home if she sees any of the following..

Talking on cell phones while on the clock
Sitting in back office while the desk is left unattended (I am looking at the camera everyday and making notes and you will be written up and/or suspended.)
The pantry being without water stocked
Eating without paying
If you are hanging around office after your shift ended. Once you clock out…LEAVE!
I said months ago I wanted to see new OnQ certifications from the front desk….Josh have those in my box by Next Monday.
If you are not an F&B employee you should not be in the kitchen at all.
You are not allowed to hang out in lobby or the bar at no time during your shift.

Miranda and Jamar I want all of these things enforced ASAP. Also Please start the hiring process of 5 desk clerks. I would like to see each applicant before a final decision is made. I would like to have five strong candidates lined up when I return from my Trip on Aug. 1

Any questions , comments or concerns please see me with them. I am not looking for any explanations from anyone regarding this issue. Once I hit send I am done with it and will be monitoring.

I hate it has come to this but the abuse has gotten out of control.

Have a good Day!

Miss Jones!

Room Tip: Stay on the north end of the hotel near the main road because cars get broken into in the back parki...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank S A
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Clovis (next to Fresno), California for one night this week. The hotel is spotless. The staff was well trained and very pleasant. Good linens, decent towels and a fabulous air conditioner made the stay very comfortable. Full service restaurant and nice pool make this a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a side room away from the street. No views but quiet. If you are a couple, ask for the jacu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Ilene m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
Best Western Clovis Cole

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!