New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Clovis

Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
San Francisco, California
“Good business travel location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Clovis (next to Fresno), California for one night this week. The hotel is spotless. The staff was well trained and very pleasant. Good linens, decent towels and a fabulous air conditioner made the stay very comfortable. Full service restaurant and nice pool make this a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a side room away from the street. No views but quiet. If you are a couple, ask for the jacu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank 1dog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ukiah, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

stayed at the hilton garden inn in clivis ca on wednesday may9 2012 and my friend slipped and fell in the shower. I was warned and when I took my sower it was very difficult to stand. I would recomend installing some slip resistant covering.
thankfully no one was seriously hurt. Other than that the staff and hotel was perfect

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank timothy d
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stay at the hotel a week ago and I must say it is not a safe place. When I arrived late evening I parked and I saw 3 homeless guys just walking in circle in the parking lot. I asked front desk if there is any security and he said only on weekends. Next morning I came to have breakfast and I see a homeless man walk in the hotel and grab food right from the buffet. Seconds later the front desk guys comes and tells him to leave but using language that is not appropriate and demeaning. I have to safe I won't be coming here again. I asked to speak with the general manager the man said she doesn't come in till 11 but is gone by 3. What kind of manager works 4 hours a day? To top it all off my I emailed to manger and still nothing.

Room Tip: Travel Safe here!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank ntaj_777
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I arrived on a cold and damp Friday afternoon to a warm and inviting front desk. The attendant was friendly and efficient in addressing our reservations while we helped ourselves to the complimentary hot coffee and warm cookies. The rooms were clean and well laid out for anything that we needed. Everyone associated with the hotel that we ran into were very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our two day stay and it was everything that you expect from a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
Greenfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night, and was impressed. The property seems to be new, and is well kept-up. The staff was friendly, and wanted to help with any issues. It's close to the airport and to Fresno State University, and I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the 'front' side of the hotel, as the back side looks over the back of the st...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Was wonderful. Bedrooms were spacy and comfortable. Was with family and the kids enjoyed it too. You have your own little backyard space to sit around in the evenings. The golf course view is splendid. Loved the fireplace sitting arrangement in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vikrant n
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I checked in late after arriving at Fresno airport. The hotel is just a mile or two from the airport and easy to find using GPS.

The front desk staff were very friendly and had me checked in quickly. I mentioned that I needed to buy a certain cable and asked if there was a Target nearby that would open early in the morning. They said yes, but if I wanted to take care of it right away, the nearby WalMart was open until 11pm and they gave me directions. Nice.

They have coffee and cookies in the lobby at all times, which is great.

The room was incredibly clean and seemed very new. Nice size, good desk and chair for working. Comfortable bed.

This is your basic economy hotel that is a notch above the rest. I would stay here again if I'm in Fresno on business.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!