“Hotel is great, staff couldn't be better! Very impressed....”

Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Visited the area with my colleagues, and we all could not have been happier. Clean rooms, simple yet refined rooms, spacious and truly could not ask for more. I went to the Hilton next door to the Holiday Inn Express prior to checking in and they are over priced, we popped in to ask the rate and it was unreal, and their front desk staff was rude, the General Manager was standing there and I am not surprised as to why her front desk staff was rude. My colleages and I went next door to the Hilton to the Holiday Inn Express, had a pleasant check in, paid a very very reasonable rate, and very much so enjoyed our stay. Why stay at the Hilton and pay high rates as if we are in the Bay Area or New York... Fresno/Clovis is definitely not Beverly Hills and although the Hilton had the snooty attitude and un godly high rates to "match" the Beverly Hills attitude, they lost money when my colleagues and I wen to the Holiday Inn Express and stayed for 22 nights between the 3 of us.... not to mention, we visit the area frequently throughout the year. I would recommend that you stay at the Holiday Inn over any hotel in the area, they drove us to a nearby restaurant called the Elbow Room, free of charge, and even printed out maps of the area reflecting nearby restaurants, banks, etc. HONESTLY DO NOT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE..... HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ON SHAW AVE.IS #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 10, 2009

We were there in June for a short one night stay in between Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon national parks. Everything was just perfect -- spacious, clean room with good beds -- everything we needed on site, including a guest laundry just down the hall from us. Breakfast room was larger than most, with all the hot items you have come to expect at HIE. We would certainly go back there if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Weston66
Reviewed December 4, 2009

A very nice place, I came for a concert. This was very convienent location. The staff was very nice & accomidating, especially Frank. I left some items in my room & they have sent them back to me. Very cool.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I set up a shuttle pick up the day before. When the shuttle hadn't arrived 30 minutes after the scheduled pick up time I went back inside the airport and called the hotel. I was told he was "on his way". The shuttle finally arrived 20 minutes later. Check in went smoothly enough and the hotel is surprisingly fresh and clean (just opened in Feb of this year). The room was great. The water pressure, the TV, the bed were all great. The next morning I went down early to print my boarding pass and spent 20 minutes going back and forth between two computers doing what should have been a 5 minute job. Finally giving up I went to the front desk and was told "oh yeah, those are broken". Well hello. Never mind that this hotel is advertised for biz travel but you've been watching me struggle over there for 20 minutes, maybe you could have said something or hung up an out of order sign. So I asked her to print out my boarding pass. It was as if I asked her to reverse the rotation of earth on its axis. She asked me to "wait over there" and helped the next customer (someone who came up after me). Then she got back to printing my boarding pass and then put me on hold again while she helped another two customers (who also came up after me). I picked up my itinerary and walked away figuring I'd eat and deal with this boarding pass later. The breakfast area was jammed. Kids running everywhere. No seating, no oj, no coffee ... and it's only 9am. So I take a cinnamon roll and a container of milk up to my room and make my own coffee up there. At 12:45, the time I've scheduled in advance for the shuttle, I come downstairs and, surprise, there's no one available to drive me. Someone finally steps up and away we go. The driver made the mistake of casually asking me how my stay was .... and so he heard all about it .... by the time I found out he was the GM of the hotel I'd unloaded everything on him. He apologized and said he's going to look into it. I told him I'd booked a room at the Courtyard for that night.

The moral to the story .... if you're a family this is a fantastic place to stay ... but if you're a biz traveler be prepared for the families to take priority over you and for their to be no sense of urgency on the part of the staff. It's a little too leisurely for the average biz traveler.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Staff was personable. I am a gold member with Holiday Inn Express and found that in comparison to other hotels in this chain:
- Room was good size but lacked the small fridge and microwave.
- The bed was unbearably hard - Probably the hardest I have ever slept on and I usually like firm mattresses.
- Breakfast area was nice and food reasonable.
- House cleaning staff seemed way behind - we left early in the morning and came back around 3:30 and they hadn't gotten to our room yet. We had to get ready for an event and left around 4:30 and they told us all the cleaning staff were gone for the day. I haven't every seen the room cleaning crews so slow - or maybe they were understaffed at that time?
Overall I was disappointed compared to my other Holiday Inn Express experiences. I am hoping they are just working out the bugs in their operations as they are brand new and their location is good.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimpleandClean
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament. The Hotel is very clean and the front desk personnel were very cordial and helpful. The room was a nice size and extremely clean. Nice flat screen TV. Unfortunately we missed the full breakfast - had to be at the fields too early. But they had juice, muffins, toast, danish and cereal available before the 7am start time for breakfast. As we were leaving they were bringing out eggs and bacon. Very nice breakfast for free. Hotel was quiet no noice disturbance. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank hotel7231122
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Our family stayed here 1 night as a stopover on way to Yosemite next morning. Clean, new place. Very good breakfast. In a business park area so quiet at night. The highway to the west wasn't a noise problem. There are at least 2 other brand new hotels just built in the immediate area so you may want to check out those as well.

Laundry facilities are right by the elevators - a nice feature as opposed to putting them in some remote corner you have to keep running to if your doing laundry.

To get to the outdoor pool, you have to fully exit the building, go a couple of feet through the parking lot, then enter the pool area w/ your card key. Nice pool & hot tub, but seemed strange that passage to it couldn't have been accomplished from a door direct from the building...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family