“I'd give it 2.5 if I could ”

Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Boca Raton, Florida
“I'd give it 2.5 if I could ”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong. It wasn't awful. And I'd stay here again. Front desk staff was exceptional on check in. Free breakfast and the food is actually pretty good. However - if highway noise bothers you, stay somewhere else. Personally it helps me sleep. Negatives are a not well stocked pantry, broken or half broken microwave, stained bathroom walls, a non existent fitness center and thin towels. Positives are mentioned above as well as uverse tv, good wi if and comfortable and clean beds.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BocaRay
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Sir,

I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are reviewing some of the issues and will have them resolved promptly. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in town and I will personally ensure that your room exceeds your expectations.

With Hospitality,

Kyung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Clovis, California
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Clovis is really, really fantastic. Everyone who works there is so friendly and so efficient, From getting shuttle rides, to checking in, to the free breakfast, to just everything is excellent. I could list many of the employees by name, except that I don't have a good memory for names. I do want to single out Kelly, Randy, and Joy. I know there are more I should mention so the next times I stay there I will make sure to remember their names. Thank you everyone at the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. John,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We appreciate the opportunity to make a small difference in the lives of our guests. I hope that you will continue to use us for your hospitality needs in the Clovis area. Should you have the need for another reservation please do not hesitate to contact us. Once again, Thank you!

Kyung
San Leandro, California
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Okay, so i had to come back to Fresno for the second half of a two week school. The first week was spent at another hotel and i found it to be poor. This week was much better, it was closer to where my school was and the neighborhood was much nicer. I was greater by a very friendly staff. Got to my room 302 and it was clean, comfortable and pretty roomy. I noticed that there was no frig, so I when to the staff and asked if i could get one, sure no problem was the response i got. By the time i returned back from the store, it was in my room and ready to go. The next morning I walked down to the gym, only to find the treadmill broken. I stopped by the front desk to report it, the response i got was, no problem we will get it fixed, and we can offer you a free pass for the the Blast Fitness across the street, Awesome! The free breakfast was not over cooked and the food was actually hot unlike the last place i stayed. Very happy with the overall experience. I was able to go to class each morning with a smile on my face and say "I stayed at a holiday inn express"!!

This hotel is centrally located near lots of places to eat and is easy to get to in the fresno area. Highly recommend this place to those who come. And they honor the government rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your awesome review. One of the best things about working in hospitality is seeing the immediate satisfaction from our guests when they have a perfect stay. I hope that you will continue to use IHG and Holiday Inn Express for all your travel needs and should you ever need another reservation in Clovis, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Lodi, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Dear staff ,

I recently stayed at your hotel Feb 14th - 16th for a Fresno state Softball tournament which was outstanding . I wanted to thank you for the great service + quality & your staff members where amazing.I will be returning on March 13 - 16th - 2014 looking forward too seeing you all . Special thanks to Aaron Breeze + Sergio Madrigal my weekend was fantastic.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your awesome review! We pride ourselves in providing a fantastic guest experience and helping to make your stay memorable. If you are ever in the Clovis area again, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist in any way that we can.

Once again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Randy was amazing and he provided excellent customer service. He was available at all times. He was very nice and everything we needed and he was able to get for us. When we first got there, we wanted hot chocolate and there wasn't any and he got some for us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the fantastic review! We as a team are always excited when one of our staff goes above and beyond for one of our guests. Great customer service goes a long way towards making great memories and we hope to be able to do so again in the future. Should you need anything the next time you are in town please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you once again!
San Francisco
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was greatly disappointed by this Hotel. The people at the front desk were dismissive, arrogant,
and unhelpful. The suites were not clean and the heater was so noisy that that it was almost impossible to sleep. The temperature control device was so far from the heater that it never responded to temperature set. So the A/C unit noise was terrible. There are many better options in this area. This is the worst.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I sincerely apologize for your experience at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Clovis. It is absolutely unacceptable for our front desk staff to provide that kind of service and I will be addressing this with the clerk who checked you in. In the meantime I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we pride ourselves in providing superior customer care. If you could let me know who the clerk was, that would help me immensely in addressing this issue immediately.

Menlo Park, CA
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Two of my friends and I were visiting the Fresno/Clovis area, and I convinced them to stay at a Holiday Inn Express. It was a good choice. The hotel is very quiet -- no noticeable noise from the outside or between rooms -- yet is very convenient to Highway 168. A great, warm heated jacuzzi and a heated pool. Free Internet. Ample breakfast included hot eggs, bacon or sausage, hot cinnamon rolls, a machine that made fresh pancakes, hard boiled eggs, cereal, etc. About the only thing lacking at breakfast was a wide variety of fruit, which you wouldn't expect given the location. One bug: The bedside lamps had pushbutton switches that were very hard to turn on and off, we had to use the hotel-supplied pen to push them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Shaw Avenue.