“Newer hotel, clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area

Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Bakersfield
“Newer hotel, clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a one-night stay for a softball tournament and booked a suite.....two queen beds plus a pull out and small kitchenette area. Great to have queen beds and not full size beds! The property seems new, breakfast was good and it was easy to get on and off the freeway. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: If you have four people, go for the larger room, the extra space is worth it and it was not that muc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
My associates and I were thrilled to read your review this morning! I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write us such a great review!

Our hotel was built with space top of mind. Our 19 suites allow ample room for a family to spread out and really enjoy the space. They truly are the best option for a family traveling with children or sports teams looking to maximize their head counts.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast as well! My associates and I truly hope that we can welcome you back to the property very soon!

Braxton M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here the night before catching a plane in Fresno. Very clean, modern, and priced alright. Close to airport and felt safer than the other hotels by the airport. It's an express hotel so there is a light breakfast in the morning if you get up early enough-the closing times change for breakfast depending on the day of the week. I would definitely stay again. Forget the greenish pool and closed jacuzzi, though. Denny's next door was awesome for my late night dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kimham11
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the majority of the amenities and appointments that we have to offer!

I sincerely apologize that the condition of our pool was not acceptable during your stay. We work tirelessly to ensure that the pool and spa are in pristine condition at all times. I apologize that was not the case during your visit.

I would love to welcome you back to the property when our travels bring you back to the area! I guarantee that you will find the pool and spa in excellent condition!

La Habra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my fourth stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and always allow us to check in early. We used the spa and pool this trip as it was exceedingly hot. The pool was clean and there were plenty of towels available. The breakast area was well stocked and it was always open so that families could use it as a gathering and eating area later on in the day.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
What a delightful review!

My associates were so excited to read your comments this morning and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel! We work tirelessly to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a wonderful experience with us and I am so glad that we were able to provide that for you and your family!

We certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future! Safe travels!

los angeles, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as my usual hotels were either sold out or too costly for the night stay. My room was clean and comfortable. I was looking for a fridge and microwave but I wasn't too upset at the absence of both. I had a significant conference call via the internet I planned on taking from my room. at 8:20am I called the front desk and reported the WiFi was down and asked her to reset it. She repeated what I said as a question. After 20 minutes of no connection I called again and was told that she called maintenance to look into it. I actually left to get coffee and upon my return still no connection. I called the front desk and was told maintenance was looking at it as we spoke. To make this a short review, I the connection was not reset before I left, I missed my teleconference, their LAN connection wasn't working as I even tried to make my call from their business center.

I will think long before rebooking at this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank kay546
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced due to the outage of our WiFi and hard wired internet service...

On the date of your departure, our Internet Service Provider experienced an issue caused by a power surge, that rendered the T1 connection to our hotel inoperable for one hour and forty minutes.They worked quickly to restore the connection as expeditiously as possible, however, due to the nature of the root cause, they needed to send a technician out to reset our connection at the underground hub. With the travel time of the technician and the need for him to access an underground sub-station, it took a little longer that I had hoped it would.

I would like to note that this is the first internet outage that has ever occurred at our hotel since our opening in 2009.

I was, however, delighted to hear that you found your room to be clean and well kept. I certainly hope that you give us an opportunity to change your perception of the hotel as my staff and I strive to provide an exceptional product in all facets of the hotel.

Should your travel plans bring you back to the Clovis area, I invite you to reach out to me personally at (559)297-0555 so that I may handle your accommodation arrangements personally.

With hospitality,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a stop over from Sequoia to Yosemite.
Rooms were clean and big. Stuff very friendly. Good location...
A lot of restaurants with resent prices around the corner.
(North India Grill was very good).

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are strategically located right in between Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks!

North India is one of our personal favorite restaurants in the Fresno/Clovis area! I am so glad that you found it to be as well!

My staff and I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future! Safe travels!

With hospitality,

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here with my mother and brother (two queen beds, yay!) for one night 6/1/13. It was state Track & Field championship weekend, every single room booked (here and every other hotel). The room was fine, though nothing special. The customer service, however, was great. The hair dryer in our bathroom didn't work. I reported that to the front desk and they promptly gave me a substitute (hand delivered to the breakfast dining room). By the time I got home on Sunday, the hotel had called my Mom to report they'd found a Kindle in the room. Mine! Two days later, it was on my front porch, packed like it was the most precious cargo in the universe. ... Three cheers to Rose, our housekeeper, and to the very capable and efficient front-desk woman my husband talked to by phone. Customer service above and beyond!

Room Tip: We liked being on the ground floor. Our room faced the street, but it wasn't too loud. Others mi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann C
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I was delighted to read that your Kindle made it safe and sound! We wanted to ensure that there were no mishaps along the way so we packaged it as best as we could!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review here on TripAdvisor! I am delighted that we were able to provide accommodations for you and your family that exceeded your expectations.

My team ans I certainly hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future!

Arlington Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed two nights visiting Fresno as a base to see Yosemite. It was close to the airport and central to freeways and a local grocery. The rooms, common areas and everything about the hotel was clean and well organized. The staff was very accommodating even to the point of arranging for a refrigerator in the room and lending me pliers to fix a cane. They even gave recommendations for area restaurants. The breakfast was hot biscuits, eggs, gravy and rolls with coffee and juices. Much more than I expected. The place will be on my stay there again list.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
From the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clovis, I want to express my appreciation for your wonderful review here on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our location while traveling up to the National Parks and I certainly hope that you enjoyed that amazing experience!

We strive everyday to ensure that the product that we are offering is clean and well organized. My Front Desk staff prides themselves on providing attentive and forward-thinking service. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and I certainly hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future!

Braxton M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
BEST WESTERN Clovis Cole
Comfort Suites Clovis
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area? Share your experiences!