“Very nice”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Folsom, California
“Very nice”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My family stayed here over new years eve and we were very comfortable. My husband booked the room thinking it would have a separate sleeping room but it does not, it is indeed a partial separation. However this ended up not being too much of a problem.
The staff was able to provide a roll away bed which was great for my 3 year old. Decor is cute, bed is comfy.

• Stayed December 2011
FairfieldInnandSuite, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Lori H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the new year and that you liked our green tea decor package and that the bed was comfortable. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are next in Clovis!

Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I spend a reasonable amount of time on the road and away from home. It's nice to visit a place where people seem to really care. From the second day I started staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Clovis Rolinda remember my name. I remember heading down stairs to leave, rounding the corner and hearing, "Good morning, Mr. Case." I was kind of looking around thinking who is greeting me. Embarrassingly "Linda" (Rolinda) remembered my name consistently while I continued to struggle with hers. When I visit Rolinda consistently proves herself to be kind, competent, and goes out of her way to make sure my experience is a memorable one.

I would like to thank Rolinda and the Fairfeild, Clovis for treating me and the other guest so well. Thanks you!

Ryan Case

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Ryan C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and share your experience with others. I am ecstatic to hear that Rolinda has done such a great job taking care of you and will be sure to recognize her wonderful service. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Clovis!

raja158
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Had promised to take the grandkids to a hotel with a pool, so on a trip to the Fresno area, was intriqued with what the Fairfield suites offered, so booked a room for 1 night. Our running problem is that the first we took the 5 yr. old to a hotel, it was an Embassy Suite, so he always wants to know where the living room is at every other hotel we have taken him to, so the Fairfield, with a living room showed some promise.
On our arrival, the check-in was quick and easy, as we took a room on the top, third, floor. As we got off the elevator, the hallway was warm, about a 6 to 7 degree difference between the first and third floor, but the room was fine, once the AC was on. Big bathroom, small living room with desk, sofa bed, chair and flat screen TV. The bedroom was small, though it did have a closet and a second flat screen TV and a wall or window unit AC.
Partially open between the 2 rooms, which proved a challenge later that night as I tried to watch a football game in the living room, and as the grandkids channel surfed, my TV would also change channels, but my remote did not affect them. The thermostat for the AC was in the living room area, and during the night the grandkids were warm on the sofa when we flipped off the AC as we were cool as it was 2 feet from our feet on the bed.
The bathroom only had 2 or 3 bath towels for our party of 4, luckily the grandkids each brought a dry towel up from the pool. The sofa bed did not have linens on them, but the closet contained a bag of bedding that we were able to put on ourselves.
The pool, advertised as heated, seemed cool on a 90 degree October day, and the hot tub on the other hand seemed warm, though probably would be great at night.
The staff was great with directing us to places to eat and stores. The breakfast was exceptionally good with many offerings, served in a room that had more character than many hotel breakfasts.
We would definately make a return visit if just the wife and I were alone, not sure if we had the kids because the living room did not really give us any seperation, and seemed a bit cramped with the sofa bed open, so might just book the double room, ad not the executive suite.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
FairfieldInnandSuite, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear raja158,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review for us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team here and we are working to resolve the issues you experienced during your stay.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Tucson
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have stayed at other Fairfield by Marriott hotels before but this one had a very interesting room design. It had a separate water closet from the bath room and the decor reminded me of something out of Ikea. It was very comfortable though and I would return here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Walter O
Dear Walter O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Clovis!!

Have a great day!
Silverado, California
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Very comfortable stay. Great bed and comfortable room. Good breakfast in the morning. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
FairfieldInnandSuite, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear joanarc,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our deluxe continental breakfast was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Clovis!

Clovis, California
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Great hotel to stay. All employees are very friendly. This was very impressive.
Clean rooms and good breakfast. All the comforts from home. Close to freeways.
It made our short get-away to Yosemite a lot easier.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Y0semite
Dear Y0semite,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and give us feedback on your recent stay. We take great pride in the service and experience that we deliver to our guests and it's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us on your next getaway to Yosemite!

Tigard, OR
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very convenient to where I needed to be. The rooms didn't seem as nice as some of the other Fairfield Inns that I have stayed. Small closet. Very odd entrance to the bathroom as it was right next to the main door. I think this may have something to do with California fire code. The room was quiet - I was worried as there were two large groups of teenagers at the hotel and I thought it would be loud. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
FairfieldInnandSuite, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear EricL97332,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. We really do appreciate your feedback as this helps us to improve the experience for all of our guests when they stay with us. You are right that the main entrance and bathroom entrance locations are situated to adhere to California fire code. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was peaceful, we look forward to seeing you when you are next in Clovis!!

Thank you again and have a great day!