“wow”

Cuisines: Chinese
california
“wow”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

sounds like polarbeargirl or whatever her name is, was having a grand day. if your going to take time out of your day to write an essay about how bad the containers were, you DO NOT have a life. that was just sad. i love the good food at china to go! its cheap delicious and they have great people working there!

• Polish first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“try at your own risk....watch for rodents & such”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

try at your own risk....watch for rodents & such

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Clovis, CA
“Really Quick and Quite Yummy!”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

We recently discovered China To Go after having been long time Panda Express customers. The absolute best thing about China To Go is their delivery service. I live not too far, and when I call in an order they'll say 30-40 minutes.... then 10-15 minutes later they're knocking on the door.

They have a non-spicy version of their orange chicken, which my kids love, and I really like their lemon chicken.

Their primary service is delivery- and I've never used them for dine-in or pickup.

Great Value for the price.... and lots of great choices! We like the food and LOVE the delivery!

Fresno, CA
“Really BAD Chinese takeout”
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I had time to kill before a meeting in Clovis and saw this place. Feeling a desire for some Chinese food, I went in on impulse. I bought a few dishes to go, planning to enjoy it in my car. (Food CAN be eaten in the restaurant, but it's a rather dismal place). While I was waiting, I wanted to use the bathroom. The women's room was locked and stayed locked. Either someone was camping out in there for 20-30 minutes, or they just don't want customers to use the facility. The employees CLAIMED that they didn't have a key to unlock it and make sure someone wasn't sick in there. (and I only asked after about 25 minutes. CLEARLY something was wrong if someone was actually IN there such a ridiculously long time, and if the door was just locked, it ought to be unlocked!) It was annoying because it meant that when I reached my destination, I had to immediately ask for the bathroom.

They over-packed the styrofoam containers, mostly with noodles, not the entree. Big doughy soft noodles. Unforgivably for a takeout place, the containers were not well-closed (just a tab-in-hole, with nothing such as tape to KEEP the containers closed). Cheap, FLOPPY weak containers! One of the containers ended up vomiting wet messy Chinese food out of the inside paper bag, all over the seat of my car when I tried to open it, to eat it -- as I expressed earlier, in my car listening to the radio, while killing time.

The paper bag holding the two styro containers was soaked. Thank GOD they put the whole mess inside a PLASTIC bag or I would have just tossed the whole damn mess into the grass and thrown away the money spent on this slop! (I was still in their parking lot) As it was, I ended up grabbing handfuls of noodles out of that fallen-open container and tossing them into the grass planted at the edge of their parking lot near my car in order to better-close the container so that MAYBE I could better close in what was left and get to my destination without another messy food disaster. (there was no close-by trash container)

The food was edible, but not great. If you want a low-end Chinese-to-go restaurant, go to Panda Express. The food is much better (although far from fantastic) and I've NEVER had a messy disaster from a Panda Express. I think their takeout containers are better quality. At least they are firm, don't flop under the weight of the food and fall open. If a restaurant specializes in take-out food, it ought to be using good containers!
>:-(

1 Thank PolarBearGirl1

Been to China To Go? Share your experiences!