“Nice location, poor experience.”

Cloverdale Oaks Inn
Cloverdale Oaks Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Coverdale Oaks Inn $85+tax
Brick construction buildings, brick interior, whitewashed, minimal upgrades. Takes pets in some rooms. I would not want to stay there again by choice. Very drab. No outlets readily available, had to unplug microwave and use our multi outlet extension. Shower stall was enclosed in the middle of the room. Shower head was very low, maybe 5 feet high, so any normal person has to bens or stoop down to wash their hair. Normally in a hotel, I will take longer in a shower because I don't have to worry about cost of water. Here, I couldn't wait to get out because of the small, dark, low water source made it vey uncomfortable to use. Carpet and corners of the room were dirty.
For the same price I could get a room at nearly any other place with far nicer accommodations.
I recommend avoiding this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank tunaoue

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I booked a room through Booking.com and it looked nice enough online. Upon getting there, and without a cancellation option, we were taken aback by the run down and neglected look of the place. We're talking 'UGLY' here...no pride in the place whatsoever with peeling paint and shabby exterior. The man at the desk was pretty unimpressive and didn't care if we were there or not it seemed. Upon getting into the room it didn't get much better. The bathroom floor was disgusting, the nasty showerhead was armpit high, the drain cover in the shower was loose and I almost cut my toe on it, the knobs and faucets were already cheap looking when they were new probably 10 years ago, the plexiglass shelf above the sink sagged when you put my mouthwash bottle on it and the cheap foam blanket had cigarette burns on it. Overall it was a yucky place worth about 1/3 the asking price.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms that I'm aware of...just 'ugly' and 'uglier'.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elvis p
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms looked as if they haven't been updated since the 1970s. Felt like we were staying in an old cabin. The bathroom had a teal-colored toilet, sink and shower. Bathroom in need of serious repair and updating. Stayed in double queen room that was spacious and had all the amenities (iron, hair dryer, TV, cable, fridge, microwave, coffee pot table & chair, closet), but beds were somewhat hard and the bedspreads were worn, but we slept fine (not too noisy). Heavy dust was found near plug outlets, behind and under furniture — rooms need a proper cleaning. Charged $135 a night. It was the only hotel available only 20 minutes away from Healdsburg and wine country on a weekend. Owners need to hire a contractor to fix and update rooms. For a one night crash, it didn't kill us or bust our bank. Best part of stay: The Railroad Station Bar & Grill down the street had great food and beer selection.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here because it was the only place with a room within 30 miles but I wouldn't recommend it. It's extremely overpriced for what it is. Room was very dated, super dusty, mold somewhere (could smell it but not see it) bathroom door had a hole kicked in it. Generally not good, not scary but in NO WAY worth $100/night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sasafrass7711
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A ripoff at 1/2 the price. Do NOT stay at this place. Booked a reservation on http://booking.com for 2 rooms with queen beds....had one queen room, and an "efficiency" apartment available....a separate little house with a kitchen. OK, until we went into the rooms....filthy carpets...REALLY filthy! The apartment had a small table in it, presumably in case you wanted to sit down for a meal or to drink some coffee.....the single chair in the place was a REALLY dirty office chair....looks like they found it at a yard sale. The owners (who I think live on the property) obviously don't give a hoot about cleanliness or are just too cheap to clean the floors/carpets.

I didn't DARE subject my wife and mother-in-law to the continental breakfast that is supposed to come with the room.

I'm REALLY regretting that I waited until 3 weeks before our trip to get a room.....now I know why this place was one of the only motels with availability, such as it was.....

Lastly, the photos of the property on their website are either from a previous epoch (when this place was new), or they photoshopped a green lawn and an oak tree into the pics.....not even close to a current/accurate representation of the look of the place.....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Phil C
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed because everything else was booked. The owners are not in tune with the standards of the American traveler. Buildings in disrepair, door mouldings missing, duct tape on carpet hole,etc....... I STRONGLY advise all to stay away from this absolutely filthy dump. Parking was awkward and every single facet of our stay was uncomfortable. We are not snobs, but a very blue collar family just looking for a clean stay. Extreme disappointment.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank David E
Reviewed June 22, 2012

These reviews are giving this cute little hotel a bad wrap. It isn't a Double Tree or a place where up in the air noses should stay, but I enjoyed it. The staff are wonderful and the location is great! Hotels in the area were quite expensive and not in the heart of the town. This room brought back memories of long road trips with my folks when I was a kid. Great place to lay your head and get ready for the rest of your California adventure. The room was clean and comfortable. Realize that it is an older inn and if you are looking for high dollar atmosphere you won't find it here, but I enjoyed it. Great points: Dogs are welcome, free internet (some rooms have wi-fi but ours had use of a cable), convenient store very close, bars close, $100 per night (other hotels in the area were $150 and didn't allow dogs) I would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tina L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
Super 8 Cloverdale
Super 8 Cloverdale
#1 of 4 in Cloverdale
Kelley & Young Wine Garden Inn

Been to Cloverdale Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!