“Helpful”

Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked the Super 8 because of reviews here on Tripadvisor. It was a perfect place for our stay. The motel is located in a shopping center and is on the main street through town, so that made it convenient. The room was very clean and I didn't hear any traffic noise during the night. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a nice plus too. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel is clean, quiet and spacious. We had a king size bed and there was a microwave and refrigerator. Would have had a hard time finding it if we did not know it was in a shopping center. We would certainly stay there again if in the area and needing lodging.

Room Tip: look for Motel in back of small shopping center
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here on our way from San Francisco. The hallway and room smelled like something rotten, b.o or trash. We tried to get past it but the fact that the ac unit did not work properly (the obvious typical functioning had been turned off and although it appeared operational but malfunctioning,) the front desk later explained that the operation of the unit was remote and not at the unit and we "did it wrong". We overheard two other customers being told the same thing in the morning. It was over 90 degrees and we sweat it out all night in the stench after explaining that it did not work and getting no help. Same with the internet connection - it would not work in our room. When I shared these concerns, The front desk attitude was aloof and non apologetic - just ready to place blame - loudly and rudely.

I tried to do laundry in the morning. I asked the front desk if there was detergent available. The older woman there could not understand what I was asking. This is the same person who just shook her head and shrugged when I tried to figure out how to cool the room down from 100 the evening before. After four attempts to understand laundry soap, she went to fetch an English speaking employee (her son?) He said, they had run out back there. I asked if they could replenish and sell me a box or bring one up. "Uh.. I suppose I could ask the housekeeping to give you one." Then nothing. I waited and he notice that he had no intention of doing this. As I left the area to remove my dirty clothes from their machine, I noticed the housekeeping closet wide open with laundry detergent on the closest shelf. I got the gentleman's attn and said, I'll just use this one, its okay. I also checked in with the housekeeping staff to be sure they were ok and knew. I used a small amount of laundry soap and returned the rest immediately to the closet. The front desk staff became attentive and interested then. He rushed to the hall and berated me in from of the customers eating breakfast and accused me of stealing laundry soap and suggested that I go to the grocery store to buy my own soap. It was embarrassing and unnecessary.

The dryer was ineffective and took three cycles and over 2 hours to dry my clothes. The hot tub was green and dirty. I could not let my son enter. Our stuff that had not been washed actually smelled bad like the room when we left, It was a bad experience overall. When I spoke to manager about my experience - she became defensive and accusative and said I should have called down again for help with the ac, that I needed to sit in the lobby to use my internet if it did not work in the room, the room was not smelly yesterday and she was in there and the ac worked, so "it is user problem" and that I do not get to reach into the housekeeping shelf. She went off on the laundry detergent issue again and said that if I want to do laundry, I should bring my own soap or go to the grocery store. "this is not necessary for them to provide". I told her that I was intending to write this review since she and her staff (family) were so unreasonable and she encouraged me to do so and assured me that she would let you all know how I stole laundry soap.

So here you are, have at it. $90 for a wretch-worthy sweat-fest, a dirty hot tub, no internet, malfunctioning ac and laundry machines and rude, rude unaccomodating management and staff. I suppose you are right, I just did not enjoy my stay properly. My bad. Have at it

Room Tip: If you want internet- get close to lobby. Use remote wall unit to operate window unit if you want A...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were facing $200 a night rooms any where close to San Francisco so decided to drop in on this Super 8 in Cloverdale, CA. We ended up with a King suite and it was absolutely lovely. The bathroom had marble countertops and it was quite comfy. They had access to a free computer, a workout room, a spa, a pool and a free cont. breakfast. We left too early to enjoy the breakfast. We were surprised we found a Super 8 worthy of bragging about. I would recommend it any day. The area is in the heart of wine country.

Room Tip: San Francisco on down the coast is pricey in the summer. Plan ahead.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Came to the area for a wedding and plan to return this fall. This hotel is not a Hilton, but it is VERY clean and the staff do all they can to make your stay comfortable. They helped us find a car wash and that led us to the brewery downtown...a fabulous establishment! In any case, the accommodations are clean, quiet, and the price in this area makes a small drive to Healdsburg totally inconsequential! Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country
Auberge on the Vineyard
Auberge on the Vineyard
#4 of 4 in Cloverdale

Been to Super 8 Cloverdale? Share your experiences!