“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wine Cube Tours

Wine Cube Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Cloverdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Cube Tours is an innovative tour company based in Sonoma County providing you with a custom wine country adventure. While small wineries are the focus, upon request we can integrate other industries which have become the backbone of today's Sonoma Wine Country. Spend one day with us and you will have the option to visit unknown wineries, farms, cheese-makers and olive oil producers. We keep things small by only accommodating up to 6 guests to allow for a more intimate experience.
Garner, Iowa
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wow! Of our four days in Sonoma, this is was our favorite. Ray is extremely knowledgeable about Sonoma wine country, he is great at gauging which wineries may match your tastes, and he is a gracious host. He took us to a couple of wineries we were not familiar with, and they were our favorites. I can't recommend this tour strongly enough!

Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I booked Wine Cube Tours for a day trip while on vacation in Healdsburg in April. It was the best choice we made as Raymond was able to customize our trip to exactly what we wanted to do and see. We had a few wineries in mind, but Raymond gave us many other excellent recommendations (wineries, restaurants, driving routes, etc.). It really was a much more personal experience and we couldn't have asked for anything more. Some of the other tours we looked at would only take big groups and we really appreciated that he offered to just take the two of us at a very affordable price. We would highly recommend Raymond and Wine Cube Tours for both couples and smaller groups - he was extremely knowledgeable, flexible, accommodating, and the wineries we went to were amazing! We're planning on going back to wine country soon and look forward to our next experience with Raymond!

Seattle, Washington
“Your Friend in Wine Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Raymond at Wine Cube Tours is a wonderful tour guide, he is more like a gracious host who is showing you the best places. Raymond is extremely knowledgeable about wine, the wineries in the area and the history of both. It was a delight to travel the area with him as our guide. You can tell he is well respected in the community, because at least one person every winery we went to knew him and was glad to see him. Raymond also goes beyond creating a wonderful day, he will give you suggestions on places to eat, visit and things to do while you are in area. He even gave us off the beaten path directions down to San Francisco. Raymond is the best!

Mukilteo
“Wine Cube Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Personalized, localized, conscientious, knowledgeable,...Excellent! A great way to experience the country side, and wineries. An absolute do over! Cheers!

Jupiter, FL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Everybody Should Love Raymond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This was me and my husbands first trip to wine country and we could not have had a better time. We stayed at the Irish Rose Inn in Healdsburg (separate review) and were referred to Wine Cube Tours (Raymond) by Chris, the owner of the Inn. Silly me, I neglected to call before I left Florida to book the day, but was unbelievably lucky when Chris called upon my arrival and he had Thursday open. TRUST ME PEOPLE, DON'T DO THIS - YOU WON'T BE SO LUCKY, book Raymond in advance.

We spent a few minutes on the phone talking about the kinds of wine my husband and I like to drink and he booked us from there. He arrived promptly the next morning at 10:30 and we headed out to the first winery - Inman Family Winery in the Russian River Valley. Upon arriving, everyone in the tasting room knew Raymond, we even got to meet the winemaker herself, Kathleen Inman and were able to do a vine tour with her and talk about how she grows her grapes and the natural process she uses. Raymond was quick to learn what we liked at each stop and tailored the rest of the day to wineries that he knew we would find something we liked. I can tell you, we didn't hit any of the big guys, but rather, he took us to the wineries that were locally owned, grown and are a part of the community because that's what we wanted.

At lunch we stopped at the Dry Creek General Store and grabbed lunch - the Turkey Pesto Panini was great and took it to Truet-Hurst winery were we did another tasting and they gave us a refill so we could walk down to the creek and sit on the Adirondack Chairs and eat our lunch - a truly awesome experience.

I have been remiss in my review so far but I am saving the best for last. The best part of our review is about Raymond himself. He has an extensive knowledge about wine, wine country, restaurants - just everything about touring the area. He started his business 9 months ago after working in several areas of the wine business and he truly loves what he does and wants to make sure that his customer has the best experience possible - during the tour and after. He went above and beyond for us by sending me google maps with two different routes back to San Francisco and not to be missed restaurants and views along the way. Thank you Raymond, we took the long route and the Hog Island Oysters were awesome.

We are already trying to figure out when we can come back and tour more of Sonoma with Raymond and stay again with Chris at Irish Rose Inn.