“Stay If You Must...”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
Midwest USA
“Stay If You Must...”
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I had to have a room for Saturday night during the PASSPORT wine festival. I looked around the area and I ended up with this hotel. The room was fine, it was clean and had a fridge and microwave. I thought the price was little high for a Best Western, but I didn't want to pay the $$$'s to stay further south in dry creek valley. I understand value for $$$'s spent - the room was adequate and the location was convenient enough.

My only gripe is with the so-called breakfast. I walked in to grab a cup of coffee and a snack. I left with nothing. They were running out of things and obviously hadn't kept up with breakfast service.

The apple juice was 99% water. That obviously hadn't been replenished. I dared to try the coffee. It was probably 85% water. I poured out both and didn't bother trying anything else. I expect it would have been less than spectacular. There is a convenience store just down the road that I highly recommend.

Like I said, stay if you must, but there are better choices...

• Liked — Clean Bed, Fridge & Microwave
  • Disliked — Breakfast here should not be consumed by anyone
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego
Reviewed April 24, 2008

At 2 AM the guest in the room below mine turned on his TV with the volume high. I thought that this would only last a short while. At 3:30 AM with the noise still preventing me from sleeping I called the office of the motel and reported the noise. For the rest of the night there was no change in the loud noise from the TV below. At 6:30 AM when the office opened I went to the office and reported the problem again (TV was still on). The man at the desk acknowledged receiving my call earlier in the morning. As I was unable to sleep (the reason for which I was staying at the hotel and paying for a room) I requested some accommodation such as reimbursement or points on my Gold Crown Club account for a night's stay. I was told there could be no accommodation for my sleepless night. I do not expect all guests to be courteous in their behavior, but do expect the management to correct problems that arise during one's stay. I will be less inclined to patronize Best Western in the future because of this experience.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank FQTTRVLRSD

Travelers are raving about these Cloverdale hotels

Ohio
Reviewed April 15, 2008

This was the worst hotel I have ever visited. The woman at the front desk was very loud and obnoxious (had lipstick stuck to her teeth), I had a headache and earache after checking in. The room was normal, but the sheets were so short that in the morning we were sleeping on the matress!!! I tried accessing the excercise room and my key did not work. The most terrifying experience was the breakfast...cereal, milk, rotten eggs, cheapest bread, water down tasting milk, cheap mushy fruit!!!...some sweet doughnuts or something like it in packets that were loaded with unhealthy ingredients... The area looked inhygienic and filthy and looks nothing like what you see on the website...I reccomend not staying at this hotel.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank analsphicter
Fremont, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,681 helpful votes
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Cloverdale Best Western is a great alternative stay in the wine country if:

1) You plan too late to go and everything seems booked up. This is a nice place to stay. The town is quiet, but there are still some family style restaurants. Its very close to the Alexander Valley Wineries and a 1/2 hour or less drive to Healdsburg.

2) Pricing - usually around $100.00 range - is a good price for this wine country area, generally known for high rates.

The rooms are nice standard Best Westerns. Our cames with a microwave
and refrigerator, king size bed, comforable sitting chairs etc. The swimming pool is a nice size for this type of property. Jacuzzi and small exercise room. Breakfast (Cereal, toast, coffee, juice, fruit) included. Friendly check-in and check-out; fast and courteous.

Its close to Sonoma Lake also. I would recommend this property as its
also close to Highway 101; the rooms are clean and quiet in spite of the close in/off to the freeway.

• Liked — Nice place to stay if you planned to late to stay in wine country
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mini
San Diego
Reviewed March 4, 2007

My son went to school at Humboldt State. Consequently, when I would to drive him to or from school I'd stay at the Cloverdale Inn. It's conveniently located directly off of the 101, but you don't hear the highway from the motel. Additionally, it's very close to the Alexander Valley and to Hopland allowing you to get in the ever-important wine tasting experience. Delightful break from a long drive. The Inn is comfortable and clean. Compared with many other Inns in the area, this place is a joy. Breakfast is available in the morning, but I generally opt out of this, so can't really comment. I've probably stayed here 5 times and the staff has always been pleasant and accommodating. Walking distance to local eateries as well. Nice to park the car after a long drive and walk into town.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Loloem
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Me and my husband stayed here one night in January 2007. We were passing thru on our way to destinations in Oregon, Washington, and B.C. We were too tired to look so we stayed at this hotel, the first one we stopped at. The rate was high considering the room, amenities, location, and time of year. The room was OK. We were told that breakfast starts at 7:30 am. That as important to us because we wanted to get an early start the next morning. We were there at 7:30 and the doors were still locked. We peeked in and no one was there. We checked back 15 minutes later and a woman just opened the lobby door (to the breakfast area). The coffee just got started and there was nothing else prepared. The only thing available was cereal but there was no milk. There were some apples. We took a couple and left. We need to get back on the road again. To top it off, the apples were mushy and old. Ick... Looking back, wished we had the energy that night to find another hotel. We paid too much and didn't even get breakfast.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bad Breakfast
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justmyexperience
Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2006

Stayed on 9/19/06 in room 214.It is a fairly new place with good parking.It is a good price and value for travelers not wishing to pay $$$$$ in Napa Valley.The newer uptown is a short drive from the motel and has restaurants in a safe area.

• Liked — parking within motel layout
  • Disliked — na
  • Tips/Secrets — good choice for the $$
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwjones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
#1 of 4 in Cloverdale
Auberge on the Vineyard
Auberge on the Vineyard
#3 of 5 in Cloverdale

Been to Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!