“wow never experenced anythng like this”

Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We traveled from Portland Or. down to Luguna beach and back to Portland, we stayed in best western hotels most of the time. Boy when we arrived here we received the shock of or trip traveled aprox. 550 miles that day walked in to get a room I asked for a pet friendly room please, the lady said we don't take pets, I sad all Best Westerns have a pet friendly room. she went and got the owner she came out and said we don't except pets andyour not welcome here..... Do not waste your time wth ths one. I can not rate ths one because it is a 0 out of 10 drve a few more miles for another best western . Thanks for considering my experence with this one before booking...

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank jghn

Reviewed August 21, 2011

If you want a non-smoking room that reeks of cigarette smoke, then this "hotel" is for you! My family and I stayed here because our favorite motels in Santa Rosa were booked. We got to our non-smoking room and found that there was an ash tray with a pack of matches in it on the table. I was informed by the front desk person that yes this was a non-smoking room and that the ash tray was for people to put their spare change.(???) I was also informed that they have only two smoking rooms in the whole hotel and that there is really no reason to have smoking rooms anymore. Additionally there was 2 inches of dirty water in the bathtub, and hairs all over the throw pillows that were under the sleeping pillows on the bed. I personally did not want to put my head on pillows that are sitting on top of pillows that are not able to be cleaned. This hotel is NOT worth the money. The management does not care about customer service or cleanliness. If you want a nice clean motel in the Santa Rosa for a good price, I would recommend The Sandman. This is my first review on trip advisor.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank an95540
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I like to stay at Best Westerns as there is usually a good value for the money spent. This was not the case.

First Non Smoking room the gave me smelled like a stale ashtray - and there were three of them in the room.

Second room wasn't smokey, but was generally dirty.

Continental breakfast was the type of thing you can fined in any gas station. And the coffee cups were 4 oz cups. I didn't know they made styrofoam cups that small.

Lobby was adjacent to the owner's living area - and smelled very bad.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank eddiepat62
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Okay, to be fair, what kind of room should one expect to find on a 4th of July weekend @ 10 pm on Saturday night with no reservation? Exactly! And that's what we got. What was so disappointing is that we had some really nice places at other Best Western's including Mammoth and Eureka, on this trip. Apparently there are discrepancies in quality control. The Cloverdale Best Western beds are lumpy and uncomfortable. They were parsimonious with towels and pillows. Only 3 pillows on the king bed, the other pillows were for decoration, the covers felt like sandpaper. The toilet paper was like newspaper. The air conditioner BLASTED on and off all night, waking me with a start each time. No way to regulate the level. At breakfast the next morning I observed the staff begrudgingly serving their guests, annoyed when someone would point out that there were no more breakfast bowls or the coffee was all gone. As we checked out, they were unable to provide us with a receipt because their machine was broken. Although they did manage to charge our credit card with no problem. All in all this was the worst Best Western I've experienced. It would be nice if the corporate office insisted on some quality standards.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank SaladAlexander
Reviewed May 16, 2011

After traveling for over 24 hours, we were exhausted. We stopped in to get a good night sleep at the Best Western in Cloverdale, CA. Their fire alarm system failed at 3:45 AM and an ear splitting siren went off in all the rooms, sending guests outside to see what was going on. The fire department showed up and no one could figure out how to turn the loud alarms off. It took about 20 minutes for them to succeed. By that time, we were up, dressed and out the door to escape the noise. We stopped by the reception desk to ask for a refund. We were told by the attendant that she would have to talk to someone else. We called later in the day. No luck. We called again today and the manager said we should be happy that our lives could have been saved had there been a real fire. There was no fire. There was a malfunction that prevented us from getting the sleep we so badly needed. I would expect an immediate apology and refund. No such thing and I'm not only disappointed, but shocked!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Juicegal
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I'm currently suffering a back problem and didn't think I could drive another hour or two home. Always apprehensive about sleep quality of mattresses and quietness and all that, I took a chance. I was allowed to check in very early. I couldn't figure out how to make the heater work, the battery was going out in one of the smoke detectors, and I had various other little complaints in my aching grumpiness. The staff was immediate and really sincerely polite in helping.

The place is totally spotless and I was happy to find the small refrig. and microwave -- which meant I wouldn't have to go out to a restaurant that night. I'm sure my back couldn't take sitting on one more uncomfortable chair.

The mattress was SO comfortable!! (okay, some others have complained about lumpy pillows, but there were enough of them that I could make them work) The large, deep bathtub was a god-send to soak away my aches, so I left in the morning feeling pretty refreshed.

I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AriesX4
Reviewed June 9, 2010

A loud party started in the room next to ours at 3 a.m. At 4 I called the desk. At 4:30 someone finally arrived to tell them stop. At 4:45 the party started again. I got no sleep. When I complained when I was checking out and asked for my money back because of my lack of sleep I was told I didn't have a complaint because I got to sleep until 3-and besides, they had to make money didn't they. We called Best Western customer service and were told nothing could be done. I will never stay at a Best Western again.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eureka56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
Super 8 Cloverdale
Super 8 Cloverdale
#1 of 4 in Cloverdale
Kelley & Young Wine Garden Inn

Been to Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!