“The opposite of glitzy”

Ruth McGowan's Brew Pub
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Cloverdale
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Cloverdale seems very sleepy at night. We wanted casual and found it. Only the bar part was open, but the waitress was friendly and the patty melt worked well. Surprisingly expensive considering location....

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This brewpub had seven of its ales on tap, and I tried the lot. They do 4oz tasters at $1.50 a glass so its not an expensive night. But beware, some are potent - the Monster Brown Ale has an ABV of 7.6% and even the moreish Cloverdale (amber) Ale is 5.8%.

The food was good - we had two variations of burgers - and the portions were generous.

The only downside is that they don't serve spirits. My wife thought one of their wine based cocktails could have done with a vodka kick.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had the chicken chimichanga and the patty melt. The beers are very diverse and excellent! The service was exceptionnal!
We will go back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went in here for a meal on our first day in Cloverdale and staff made us feel very welcome. We both had burgers which were some of the best we've had. Great value as well as a great atmosphere. Just a shame we did not have time to visit for a second time!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had fried calamari and hamburgers to go for dinner so that I could enjoy with the wines I bought that day. It was fantastic! People there were so friendly even though I was out of town.