“Golf was a 5, Dinner was a 3”

Whitehawk Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Clio
Cuisines: American
Description: Located just outside Graeagle, California a short hour drive from Tahoe or Reno. Whitehawk Restaurant provides stunning mountain views from inside and outside the main dining area. The property is set on 23 acres nestled in the Mohawk Valley of Plumas County. Perfect for casual dining, group events, family reunions, and business get aways.
Paradise, California
“Golf was a 5, Dinner was a 3”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I played a round of golf at the Whitehawk golf course today, and it was fabulous. The tee boxes, fairways, and greens were in tiptop shape and it was surprisingly uncrowded for a holiday weekend. The pro was very helpful in giving me tips about the course as it was my first time there. The cart attendant brought my clubs to the cart, and after my round cleaned my clubs before taking them back to the car. What a pleasant experience!
I decided to have dinner at the lodge since it was almost 6:00. The restaurant was empty on a Friday at 6! I ordered the crab stuffed mushrooms which were OK but a little cool in teh middle, not heated through. I got the petite filet. The menu says it is a 5 oz filet, but mine was half that size and not tender at all. The dinner salad was good, their homemade bleu cheese dressing was fantastic, and their sauteed summer vegetables were very good. I had a local beer with dinner which was good. The whole dinner was definitely not worth the $52 I spent, however.
I will golf there again for sure, but will eat dinner elsewhere.

2 Thank kat s
Sharonatlodge, Owner at Whitehawk Restaurant, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for visiting Whitehawk Restaurant, I'm sorry your dinner was not what you expected. I recall you coming in around 5:00 or a bit after and taking a seat in the bar area over the Holiday weekend. I spoke with you briefly on two occasions that evening and you never mentioned that you were unhappy with your meal. Had you informed my staff or myself of any problems it would have been corrected right away.
I want you to know that it's OK to tell your server or management when there is a problem or you are unhappy with something. I strive to make sure all our guests pleased and are having a pleasant dining experience while at the restaurant. I make sure to visit each and every table for just that reason. I hope you will give us another chance on your next golf outing in our area, and please feel free to ask for me upon your arrival, I will see to it that you are happy with your meal.

Murphys, California
“beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Breakfast served daily with your stay and dinner are very good! I had the Ravioli first night and the Chicken Picata the second and was sooooo good

Visited August 2013
Auburn, California
“Absolutely Amazing!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Came here after a recommendation from our camp neighbors. The food is amazing. We had the scallops and filet and it was to die for. Service was spot on. We will be here again!!

• Visited August 2013
Castro Valley, California
“foodies delight”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Sharon and Chef Derek are making some of the best food i ave tasted. This is a must eat at place....

Visited July 2013