“Thanks for the service”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clearlake
central California
“Thanks for the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

I found this place available for July 03-06 at the last minute. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by the staff. The room was ok, because we weren't expecting much but the bathrooms are small. However, it was made an overall positive experience by the friendliness of the staff. Upon leaving, my son had left his cell phone in the bed and didn't realize it until 150 miles away. We contacted them and they immediately searched the room for us and found. They then mailed it to us free of charge. Thank you for the positive experience.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — small bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Long Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2007

When I first called the Motel I asked were the rooms clean he told me "Oh yeah the rooms are very nice" so of course by it being Travel logde I didn't think nothing can go wrong, boy when I got there I said to myself "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS" I paid $120.00 for this [---]I could not believe it, of course I could not go anywhere else because I was not familar with the area but I said soon as day light come I am getting the hell up out of here, I could not sleep for nothing, before I I made my reservation I ask for non-smoking room and of course I get a smoky room, it was stinky, bathroom was very nasty....Let's just say I WILL NEVER RETURN BACK TO THAT HORRIBLE PLACE AGAIN, but my last day in Clear Lake, CA I end up at the Best Western which is a wonderful stay, I slept great, to be honest paying that type of money you might as well get something nice.
DO NOT GO TO TRAVEL LODGE.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank LongBeachGirl90805

Travelers are raving about these Clearlake hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2006

This place would be adequate if it weren't so overpriced. Travelodges are usually reliable reasonably priced accomodations, but man...$80 for a weekday and $120 for the weekend? Ridiculous....

Here are my itemized complaints with this place:

1) Cigarette burns on the toilet seats and carpet.
2) Missing refrigerator temperature control knobs, everything froze in our mini fridge and there was no way to turn the coldness down.
3) The outdoor pool looked like it hadn't been skimmed in at least 3 days, many floating leaves and debris.
4) Electrical wires sticking out of the walls from an unused light fixture box.
5) Sheets were too small for the bed, the fitted sheet on the bottom would constantly come off.
6) Breakfast doesn't start until 7AM, useless to fisherman and early travelers. Also, its disgusting, unless you are into high fat/high calorie/high sugar danishes and terrible coffee. I never saw a piece of fruit there.
7) Unsecure, I can see how cars were broken into, access can be easily gained to the parking lot from adjacent baseball field and back alley beside auto parts store next door.
8) Outdoor carpets on outside walkways were stained, frayed and in general disrepair.
9) Advertised "High Speed Internet" was laughable. If you were able to get a connection, it either broke off quickly or was very slow.
10) Extremely loud on weekends with partiers, and seemingly no control by management to keep it quiet after a reasonable hour.
11) Unknowledgeable staff. When asked about local attractions the staff didn't have many answers and did not seem very helpful or friendly.
12) Housekeeping would shut off our A/C during the day, so we would come back to the room and it would be nice and hot, thanks to the outside 100 degree temperatures.

Overall I would rate this experience a D-. The best part is you can't checkout after you've checked in. Say you pay for 4 days and you want to leave after the second night.....too bad so sad, no refunds....gee I wonder why. Its like a prison....

Also, I know its not the owners fault but the town of Clear Lake is so unsavory....rundown, depressed, lots of sketchy characters. It kind of ruins the beauty of the place.

Spend the extra $20 a night and go to the Best Western up the block....seriously.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2006

This Memorial Day weekend we stayed at the Travel Lodge in Clear Lake. Just an awful experience. Asked for a non-smoking room. Showed up and the only room available was a smoking room. Owner completely unapologetic. Said we could leave, but good luck finding another room in Clear Lake, since it was Memorial Day weekend, and there was a 48-hour cancellation policy, so we'd have to pay for the room anyway.

The room cost $130, stank like a cigar lounge, had a broken-down bed, cigarette burns on the toilet seat and furniture. Just miserable. Motel was quite noisy, and again, the owner did nothing about the partying coming from the other rooms. We had an awful night, and left, wishing we had left the night before.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2006

We stayed at the Travel Lodge in Clear Lake, CA this past weekend. The motel is awful. We paid a $130 for a shabby, drab room, with a bad mattress, stained carpeting, and cigarette burns on the furniture and toilet seat. The motel was noisy, with several groups of bikers and fishermen staying there and having parties in their rooms. There's a ball field near the hotel, and a group of teenagers were having a kegger out on the field for half the night. When we complained, the owner was quite rude. We had reserved for two nights, but left the next day because it was such a horrible experience.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2006

I have stayed here extensively for business around Lake County and have no complaints. Its quiet, clean and comfortable. I prefer it to the Best Western around the corner for price and service. Everyone here is friendly. Its a well recommended bed in an area where there isnt much too offer in the way of hospitality.

As for being robbed. Clearlake is a rough rural town, pretty much plagued by drug problems. Anyone leaving anything of value in their vehicles without protection (an alarm for instance) is asking for it if you ask me.

There are numerous signs around the parking lot asking you to secure your valuables and that the Travelodge is not responsible for damage or theft of your vehicle. For the previous reviewer, what was the Travelodge supposed to do..reimburse you? The signs are pretty clear. I park as close to the office as possible at night to avoid this problem.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank traveler2377
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2004

The hotel was nice and so was the employees. the security however is lacking. We spent one night there and our car and another travelers car where broke into and our cd/radio and speakers where torn out of our cars. The other persons window was shattered, Our door jimmyed.
the hotel was not very sympathetic and we found out that this has happened before and we were not adviced of this. They said someone was in the office all night and didn't hear anything. They need to install a spy cam in the parking lot, until then, I'd avoid it.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearlake
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks
Tallman Hotel
Tallman Hotel
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake

Been to Travelodge Clearlake? Share your experiences!