Pros: lakeside, very nice and very clean cottages, dog friendly, WONDERFUL STAFF
Cons: the location - the lake has a foul stench that was made worse when the weather is warm and there's a breeze; THOUSANDS OF GNATS SWARMING that it was difficult to breathe lest you inhale them.
we couldn't even enjoy the front porch, the pool, or walking the grounds without smelling the odor, and without being bombarded by these tiny insects. they were present mornings, afternoons, and nights. we bought bug repellent, bug citronella candles, and bug spray. our dog was miserable, too. sorry, but we could not wait to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 18 brand-new cottages close to Clear Lake’s shore, plus a boat launch, ten slips, a pier, and our own grassy peninsula (with fantastic views of water and mountains), Lake Escape Resort is the place to stay if you want to fish, play, or just relax on California’s largest freshwater lake. We’re close to town and just minutes by boat to all the fun at Konocti Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Clear Lake Cottages & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clear Lake Cottages & Marina Hotel Clearlake
- Clear Lake Cottages And Marina
- Lake Escape Hotel
- Clear Lake Cottages & Marina Lake County, CA - Clearlake