“Very Disappointing!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Clearlake
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place was dirty, the carpet looked as though it had never been replaces. The mattress way extremely uncomfortable and the whole room was buzzing with mosquitos and other flying insects. Not worth the 80$.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catspam
abviclearlake, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you taking the time to write this review as it helps us and gives us guidance on what improvement and changes we need to maintain a good appearance and value for our property. In reference to the your claim that there were mosquitos and other flying insects in your room. Upon receiving your complaint of bugs in your room we did come over and cleared up the room of the bugs. We also explained to you that because our property is located on the lake there are gnats and rice flies not mosquitos on all lakefront properties in Lake County. We are deeply sorry your stay here so unpleasant.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed from June 3rd and stayed until June 16th. We were there for our grand-daughters HS Graduation and Wedding. The room was large and we had a wonderful view of Clearlake. Yogi and his wife were terrific and we were able to have our Yorky with us. We spent a good deal of time with family members while we were there and would definitely stay again. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzljm
abviclearlake, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you very much for writing this response we really appreciate feedback from our guests. We are very glad you had a wonderful time. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Clearlake.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed one night in January.
I arrived late and check in was smooth. Temperature was in the 30's and the heater worked fine. Wifi worked fine which is a plus for me.
I did not notice a bad odor from the water as others mentioned, but I was there in the dead of winter.
There was no restaurant or fitness center. No negatives during my ultra brief stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
abviclearlake, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our establishment even though it was brief. We hope that you will come back again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I arrived with a bit of intrepidation after reading some negative reviews of this hotel. Quickly I soon realised that people that have complained about this hotel really should get out more. I could not fault the motel at all. From the very nice welcome at check-in through to the friendly check-out, I could not fault the level of service. The receptionist could not do more to help offering advice on the local area as well as local shops and restaurants.

The room was very clean and had everything you will need for a comfortable stay. The bed was very comfortable and I managed to get a good night’s sleep. The towels (something which I often complain about in USA motels) were brilliant white and fluffy. The Wi-Fi worked fine for me and was probably one of the best connections I had during my tour around California, Oregon and Nevada. At breakfast, there was no fruit, but the receptionist quickly went and got me some with no fuss. My tip to anyone is if you ask with a smile you are almost certain to get what you want.

Yes there was a smell in the air, but for anyone who lives close to the water or in the countryside will know you get smells. I did not find it unpleasant. I am not a fisherman but I enjoyed walking out on the jetty.

The pool area was clean but the water was not warm enough for me to take a dip.

All in all I felt comfortable and safe as well as being given the feeling that my custom was gratefully appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JmIOS
abviclearlake, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at our property. We appreciate the wonderful comments that you have given us (management and staff). We have made many changes in improving our property one being a better and faster WIFI connectivity and by you acknowledging that you had no problems connecting to internet means that the improvements have paid off. We once again appricate your feedback.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here, reception were pleasant and helpful Wi Fi was fast, well appointed rooms that were clean and Tidy. Reasonably priced and were very comfortable. Breakfast was sufficient and we would come again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
abviclearlake, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate any and all feed back from our guests. Thank you for noticing the improvements we have made on our WIFI connectivity. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you once again.

Yogi Waland, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 5, 2012

There was a bad smell comming from the lake. More than likely related to the low water level. The Inn was comfortable, and the staff were relaxed and pleasant. The rooms were clean. The AC was old, but worked well. The soda vending machine was ice cold. I slept well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for writing this review. We welcome any feedback from our guest so that we may be able to make changes on improving our property in the future as well as getting recognition on the improvements we have made. We apologize for the smell coming from the lake due to algae build up throughout the lake along the shores. The city and county along with the businesses around the lake have been attempting to treat the issue with chemicals and other methods. We hope to see you again in the future.

Yogi Waland, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Newly redone rooms are very clean and comfortable! Remember that just because someone stayed during the remodel and was unhappy doesnt mean it's still like that. it's great now! Our family is happy here!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank CorinaAmy
abviclearlake, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our property. Thank you for noticing the improvements that we have taken in remodeling the property in order for our guest to enjoy their stay here. I hope to see you and your family in the future again. Once again thank you for taking time write this review we appreciate it very much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearlake
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
#2 of 3 in Upper Lake
Regency Inn
Regency Inn
#4 of 7 in Lakeport

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!