“Nice, quiet, friendly place”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Clearlake
Rancho Cordova, California
“Nice, quiet, friendly place”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The room was exceptionally clean. The towels were huge and fluffy and the staff was very nice. I watched the sunset from the boat dock and it was beautiful. I'm surprised by the negative, whiny comments previous guests have posted. Complaining about the level of the lake when the state is having a drought seems a little petty to me. I had no problems with the wifi, cleanliness of the room or with the staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patty M
abviclearlake, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for your review we appreciate your taking the time to give us your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our property comfortable and relaxing. We work hard to provide you with the best possible lodging experience for the most reasonable rates. We thank you for being our guest and hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Upland, California
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There website lists free Wi-Fi , but if your more than 10 feet from the little lobby you cant get the signal and when you do its less than dial-up speed, the continental breakfast is a choice of two dry cereals that you must ask for, the self-serve containers are left empty. The pool was dirty and not usable they skipped cleaning our room one day. The dock was about 6 above the water, If you wanted to pull a boat up to the dock you would need a ladder,, it only takes 2 people and 10 min to adjust the dock height and I know the water level has been that height for over 6 months so no excuse. Many other places in the area to stay I would recommend finding one of them

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank steven r
Thank you for your comment, we appreciate your taking the time to post your review. We use your comments to evaluate our Inn and provide additional training for our employees and also the possibilities of future renovations. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered while a guest here. We do provide a continental breakfast for our guests between 7:30am and 10:00am each day. The breakfast includes Cereal, oatmeal, cookies, fresh fruits, muffins, pastries, juice, milk and coffee. Our dock is able to be lowered if requested by our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Clearlake hotels

East Bay, CA
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This past Saturday night, my family and I stayed at Highlands Inn. We choose this Inn based on the photos we saw on the internet. However, upon arrival, nothing could have prepared us for the overwhelming smell coming from the lake. Locals said it was beacuse of dead fish and seaweed but this was a definite smell of sewage. We visibly witnessed what looked like a mass of feces surrounding the boardwalk. It was disgusting. When I asked the owner about it, he said they pay a fee every month that is supposed to be used to blow this matter away. I don't know how people can live with such a pong on a daily basis. Our room smelled of disinfectent and cigarette smoke and the carpet was dirty. We also thought it was overpriced. We did enjoy a meal at the local Corkman's Clipper which is owned by a genuine Corkman all the way from Ireland. There is an extensive menu of Irish food and a great selection of beers, ales and the likes.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
dublin
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Upon entering the room with my wife we discovered an odor reminiscent of old cream cheese and sweaty feet. My wife and I opened the windows, turned on the AC, and took a walk to the hotel dock. When we came back to our room five minutes later. The windows were closed and the AC was turned down. The manager had gone in our room and shut the windows.

Later that night my wife and I went to join friends for dinner. Suspecting that the sly and rude manager would come back in our room-I took several digital pics of my suitcase closed, and placed tiny torn pieces of kleenex on the zippers. When I returned to the room - it was obviuos that someone had entered the room and had rummaged through my suitcase.

I was furious and confronted the manager the following morning. we left for Ferndale Resort the next morning

Bottom line... this hotel is seedy, overpriced, and in a bad part of town.

Stayed June 2007
6 Thank fern654
clearlakeheron, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2009
Dear Our Guests,

We are deeply embarrased and apologetic that we were reviewed as overall unspeakable lack of supervision and mismanagement in regards to the efforts must have been extended to the comfortness and satisfaction of accomodating guests however, we had failed to this respect.
This incident was absolutely unexcusable
regardless whatever resons and we are honestly apolozise that the described complaints were immediately corrected.
In order for us to show you our improvements.

Subsquent to your review was published, we
have made continued efforts to correct and
to remove the defficiencies.

Lastly we are sincerely apolozising for all the
unpleasant, dissatisfaction and inconviniences which we have caused you in
the past and look forward to serve you in the future with satisfactory services.

We also apolozise for belated response to your honest and helpful reviews.

Most respectfully yours,

Highlands Inn

Mike Mun, Manager and entire staff

Encl.: Attachments
calif.
Reviewed September 12, 2006

This hotel characterizes itself as upscale. It's about as upscale as a Motel 6 at the price rate of a Hilton chain hotel. Grossly mis-represented.

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank svoboda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearlake
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
#4 of 7 in Lakeport
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
#2 of 3 in Upper Lake

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!