“Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens... wilderness close to home”
Review of Claremont

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
California
142 helpful votes
“Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens... wilderness close to home”
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens is dedicated exclusively to California's native plants. The Garden is nestled into 86 acres in the city of Claremont, near the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains. Walking the many trails (get a brochure from the visitor's office) you feel like you are in a deep wilderness. I think I saw more small wildlife that day than I could count. Bunnies, hawks, dozens of songbirds, butterflies, lizards, squirrels... thankfully no snakes visible, although I'm sure they were in the area. It was cool and shady even though it was a really hot day in April. The trails are easy and no climbing or "roughing it" type of hike here. I enjoyed myself and recommend it to anyone who loves wildlife, and seeing all the native plants & trees this part of Southern California has to offer.

Been to Claremont? Share your experiences!