“Top Nocth Old Claremont Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
GreenLeadersGold level
Reno, Nevada
“Top Nocth Old Claremont Hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Oops, excuse the misspelling of notch, but the Doubletree just misses perfection. Seven seconds for the elevator door to open after it stops on the ground floor? Hmm. Tired gerbil, I guess. Anyway, this is a terrific stop. Stayed 3 nites for a Pomona College 50th Reunion. My wife's, not mine, but a great event and the Doubletree is the hotel to come back to each nite. (Other reunion attendees complained of, uh, dirty tricks played on them at other hotels such as unwanted room service calls, probably done by unruly guests at those hotels.) Not like that at the Doubletree. Convenient pocket door on the bathroom in our "suite." Comfortable beds but too many pillows (what a waste). Auto parking can be distant. Wife said the room wasn't spacious, but it was okay. Staff was most obliging.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear aWriter2011,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a nice review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont Hotel how we were top notch.
We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here for your wife's 50th class reunion it is very close to the Claremont Colleges which makes it extremely convenient.
Sorry to hear that your friends did not have the same experience as you maybe next time.
We look forward to having you back with us if ever in the Claremont area, hopefully for your wife’s 60th class reunion.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you have a kid studying at the Claremont Colleges then this is the best hotel for you to stay at. A newly introduced shuttle service by the hotel will take you around a two mile radius, perfect for visiting the campus, downtown Claremont and the nearby stores. The warm and helpful staff is a big bonus.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Roadtripper9,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting your child at the Claremont Colleges.

We are very excited about now having the DoubleTree Shuttle van that actually we will shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, our guest love it!

Thank you for the kind words in regards to our staff we are very proud of them all.

Look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Temple City, California
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I couldn't step up into a bath tub, so I was given a room with a roll in shower. Big mistake, the water from the shower ended up going all over the bathroom floor creating a LAKE in the bathroom. This was very dangerous and I almost fell several times and my husband as well. There has got to be a better way Double Tree, please find it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear worldtraveller33166,

Thank you very much for your feedback on the room that you stayed in and you felt that this was unsafe. We have directed this concern to our engineering department and we will insure that this situation is corrected.
We value your feedback and concerns of the safety as we here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont focus on our customer service and attention to details. This will be corrected.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance if ever visiting the Claremont area again.
Tucson, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My recent stay at the Doubletree in Claremont was a pleasure and so convenient to the colleges. My daughter and I were tired when we arrived and our check-in was efficient and speedy. The beds were so comfortable contributing to a great nights sleep. I would certainly stay at this hotel again should I have reason to visit Claremont.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello Sherry W,
Very nice to hear that your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont was a pleasure and you found it very convenient for you to get to the Claremont Colleges.
Always nice to hear when you are and just want to get to your rooms that the check-in was efficient and speedy. Our beds are heavenly so great to hear that you had a good night’s sleep.
We look forward to having you stay with us again while visiting Claremont.
Santa Maria, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have always had a great experience when staying at the Claremont Double Tree..would recommend to everyone. The beds are comfortable, the restaurant is clean and the food is great...The poolside is clean and the pool is warm. Check in desk in organized and staffed by extremely friendly people, always there to help...and you can't forget how great that cookie is!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Michelle T,
So nice to hear that you have always had a great experience when staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont hotel and would recommend to everyone.
Great to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable and the restaurant is clean with great food!
We do love our pool so great to hear that you enjoyed it!
I will pass on your kind comment to the front desk staff of how they were extremely friendly, and always there to help!
Yes we cannot forget how great that cookie is, it’s all about the cookie!
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean. Helpful staff. Night club in parking lot a little noisy at night. I have taken school groups to conferences all over the world for years. We usually are allowed to keep one room past check out to store luggage until we depart. This is the first hotel that did not allow that. As a result, my group and two or three other groups had to store all of our luggage behind the front desk in a room that was not built to handle that amount of luggage. Was very stressful when we all left. A very small number of eating places close to hotel.

Room Tip: Try to book a room away from the parking lot and the night club on weekends.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear munalan,

Thank you for your response of your most recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay until the very end with it being stressful with storing your luggage.

As for not being able to keep your luggage in the room sounds like the hotel was probably sold out and they needed to get the rooms cleaned.

We do value your business and your feedback! Hope to see you again next time you are visiting the Claremont area.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Arrived at the hotel with Hilton email reservation confirmation for that night and was told that they did not have my reservation in their system for that night. They had one for the next night and claim they never received the date change from Hilton.
Therefore, even though I am a Diamond Member there was nothing they could do for me since they were full.
No manager was called out to talk to me and in fact I was told to sit on the couch while she tried to figure out how to possibly book a room in their hotel system. So my boyfriend and I sat on the couch for quite awhile....seemed like hours watching her check in several guests into the hotel. She did call Hilton and they confirmed the reservation change had been sent to them and there was no reason why they had not adjusted it in their reservations.

We were planning to go to dinner so we were hungry and thirsty and were not once even offered water or even a cookie while we waited.

So, once she decided they couldn't help us, she basically called the Doubletree at the airport (not as convenient to my appointment) and was told they had plenty of rooms so I was free to go on over there and book myself a room.
By the way..According to Hilton appropriate procedure would have been for them to rebook me at another hotel and pay for that night ..at a minimum.
She promised someone from the hotel would be contacting me to right this wrong...or something, an apology, anything?
It's now 12 days later and no one has attempted to call me or email regarding this event.
It's sad that this hotel has no direct competition. I am now hoping for a Hampton Inn or something else in Claremont to be opened. In fact as a homeowner in that city, I will be sure to contact the city to let them know how "too busy" this hotel is to take care of those wanting to spend time in Claremont Village. I have also contacted Hilton and let them know another hotel needs to be opened in this area so this hotel might actually hire a manager who cares enough to speak to their guests when there is a problem.

Room Tip: If this is your only choice as it might be in Claremont, I would call ahead and make sure they have...
3 Thank ahgeez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
#2 of 14 in Pomona
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont? Share your experiences!