“No pride of management”

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“No pride of management”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Arrived at the hotel with Hilton email reservation confirmation for that night and was told that they did not have my reservation in their system for that night. They had one for the next night and claim they never received the date change from Hilton.
Therefore, even though I am a Diamond Member there was nothing they could do for me since they were full.
No manager was called out to talk to me and in fact I was told to sit on the couch while she tried to figure out how to possibly book a room in their hotel system. So my boyfriend and I sat on the couch for quite awhile....seemed like hours watching her check in several guests into the hotel. She did call Hilton and they confirmed the reservation change had been sent to them and there was no reason why they had not adjusted it in their reservations.

We were planning to go to dinner so we were hungry and thirsty and were not once even offered water or even a cookie while we waited.

So, once she decided they couldn't help us, she basically called the Doubletree at the airport (not as convenient to my appointment) and was told they had plenty of rooms so I was free to go on over there and book myself a room.
By the way..According to Hilton appropriate procedure would have been for them to rebook me at another hotel and pay for that night ..at a minimum.
She promised someone from the hotel would be contacting me to right this wrong...or something, an apology, anything?
It's now 12 days later and no one has attempted to call me or email regarding this event.
It's sad that this hotel has no direct competition. I am now hoping for a Hampton Inn or something else in Claremont to be opened. In fact as a homeowner in that city, I will be sure to contact the city to let them know how "too busy" this hotel is to take care of those wanting to spend time in Claremont Village. I have also contacted Hilton and let them know another hotel needs to be opened in this area so this hotel might actually hire a manager who cares enough to speak to their guests when there is a problem.

Room Tip: If this is your only choice as it might be in Claremont, I would call ahead and make sure they have...
3 Thank ahgeez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days of training in Claremont, CA. Here's the breakdown of the hotel:

The Property - The hotel is an older facility made up of several buildings that are all two-story. For an older property, the grounds were well maintained, clean and felt safe. You had to use your hotel room key to get into the buildings. That's nice because many times that's not the case. The lobby was simple yet elegant. The conference rooms were nice although we seemed to have a hard time finding the right temperature for the room.

The Room - It was your standard hotel room with a king bed, desk, chair, dresser, flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable and they gave you plenty of pillows. The bathroom was on the small side. If I'm going to be picky, it had one of those "pocket" doors that slide out from the wall. Not a fan of those, especially this one because the lock didn't work. Not a big deal if your traveling alone. The water pressure was good, showerhead was high enough and the hot water was sufficient.

Other Things - The exercise room was good. It had a couple of treadmills, a couple of stairclimbers, free weights and bike or two. The machines had TV's on them so you can watch TV while you exercise although the TV on my treadmill did not work. The pool looked ok. It's a decent size and looked clean. There's a jacuzzi too. Of course with the Doubletree, you get the warm cookie upon arrival and because I was in training and they brought more of them every day, I ate too many of them.

My only other turnoff was that I was on the first floor and the patio led directly out to the back parking lot and there's no wall or gate separating the two. A couple of other cool things is that they give you tickets for a free breakfast in the mornings at their restaurant and on Tuesday nights, they have a free happy hour with drinks and light food in the courtyard.

Overall, I'd say it's a good hotel if you are staying in the Claremont area for business. Service was good, people were friendly and the place was clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My check-in experience sucked. Called ahead of time to see if I could check in a couple hours earlier and they said my room was ready.
Got to the property and the front desk girl said I would have to wait because the room was NOT ready. She was very rude about it also, I understand I was staying at a discounted rate but I'm still a paying customer and expect good customer service. I did not mind waiting to check-in but her attitude did bug me.
The rooms were nothing impressive, compared to other doubletrees I have stayed at. I reserved a KING and got two double beds, so definitely not happy with that. Main reason for staying here was the closeness to the Fox theater in Pomona. Probably will not be returning.

Room Tip: Something on the first or second floor, if you have a lot of luggage get the first floor. Elevators...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Moraga, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree in Claremont, CA for my son's debate tournament. The room was clean and quite nice, as was the property. The staff was very friendly and checking in and out was quick and easy. The gym has only the basics, but no one was there at all. The minifridge was convenient. My only knock is that wi-fi should be free!

The hotel is located just a few blocks from the colleges and close to restaurants, Trader Joe's, etc ... The downtown area is about a 10 minute walk and has many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear ACL94556,

Thank you for the kind comments on your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton in Claremont for your son's debate tournament.

Great to hear that your room was clean and nice, and you enjoyed our property grounds, and that you found our staff to be very friendly.

I am really sorry to hear that you stated that your only knock is that Wi-Fi should be free, are Wi-Fi is complimentary throughout the entire hotel grounds! I have sent you a message so look forward to hearing back from you.

We look forward to having you stay back with us if ever in the Claremont Ca, area again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'm still wating to receive Hiton Honors Credit for the Rooms I booked? I booked & paid for several rooms and never received credit? Luggage storrage on check-out day was not well handled! Too many groups storing luggage in a small area!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Hilton Traveler, please give the hotel a call so we can insure that your Hilton Honors number was attached to your reservation. If this was a group please call the sales team and we will see if you qualify for our Hilton Honors meeting planner points.

Sorry to hear that the luggage storage on check-out day was not handled to well.

We look forward to hearing from you.

seattle, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was in a perfect location, minutes away form the village and the Claremont schools. From the moment we arrived, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We were handed warm delicious cookies at check-in. Nice pool, hot tub. Everything was very clean and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for the nice comments about how the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont is in a perfect location, and yes it is minutes away from the village and the Claremont Colleges.

Glad to hear that when you arrived, the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Yes you got to love the warm delicious cookies at check-in, and our great pool and Jacuzzi.

We look forward to having you stay beck with us during your next visit to Claremont.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Claremont area. It is extremely close to the colleges, and is clean and relaxing. I had a very good experience at that hotel. I have stayed there now twice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for highly recommending the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont. Yes the hotel is extremely close to the Claremont Colleges. I am glad to hear that you had a very good experience at that hotel.
We look forward to you staying with us again.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
#2 of 14 in Pomona
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont? Share your experiences!