“Wonderful Boutique Hotel”
Review of Hotel Casa 425

Hotel Casa 425
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Lovely small hotel with excellent location. Can walk to everything in the town of Claremont. Rooms are very sleek and spacious with lots of light and fresh air. We had a very relaxing visit. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great--small hotel
1  Thank Ann S

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This location is great for those who are visiting the Claremont Colleges and enjoy walking. Whether or not you have a car with you, the colleges, restaurants, and other amenities are all an easy walk from Hotel Casa. The continental breakfast is nothing fancy, but fine. My habit is to walk to The Last Drop to get my latte, and bring it back to have with my breakfast. Both indoor and outdoor eating areas are very pleasant. I've stayed in two different rooms and both have been spacious and very nicely decorated. The only trouble I've had is with the wifi. In both rooms, wifi was patchy. Those who rely heavily on connectivity may want to ask when making a reservation if there are rooms better than others for this.

1  Thank Katevan2013
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed at Casa 425 two times. Both were great.
I love the whole feel of the place, the modern clean look of the lobby, the inviting courtyard, the oversized, funky rooms, and the really, really nice and helpful staff.
The location is perfect for a short walk to any number of great restaurants and hotel parking is not a problem. (As an aside, my car got clipped in the parking garage - and the perp LEFT A NOTE!! Excuse my excitement, but I live in a NYC suburb - would NOT get a note here!).
I stayed on the 3rd floor (coincidentally the same room) both times. The tub in the middle threw me - but just pull the curtain for privacy, it's fine. A place for towels/ bathrobe in the shower area would be nice.
Bathrobes, yea!!
My first visit, yes, it was noisy in the courtyard on Saturday night. Hey - it's a weekend! People were having fun. The ear plugs worked wonders.
My second trip was during the week, so it was more subdued with mostly couples and families visiting the 5Cs sitting on the comfy sofas outside. But the inside bar scene was hoppin' and the bar staff was very attentive, even to those sitting outside. But I do wish you could charge the room.
The breakfast is perfect. Fresh fruit, seemingly fresh baked goods, non-commercial granola, and some other healthy-looking cereals. Yogurt, fresh juice, good coffee...I don't need more than that!
Yes, it is more expensive than a big chain hotel - - but it is NOT a big chain hotel - - that's the point.

Room Tip: Only stayed on the 3rd floor, but I can't imagine being happy on the ground floor. Appears to h...
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This new boutique hotel represents a great alternative to the bland more remote (e.g., in Ontario, or north of Foothill Blvd.) chain type hotels available in the area. Rooms are nicely appointed, and breakfast (served buffet style in a dedicated room off the central courtyard, with ample outdoor seating), is very good. Location (just west of Indian Hill Blvd, a short walk from the village and the five college campuses) is fantastic - everything in town is within easy walking distance. Slightly overpriced (likely attributable to the fantastic location) - but all in all a very nice experience!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs facing the interior courtyard - nice and quiet with a partial view of the moun...
Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is the place to stay in Claremont. The rooms are stylish and spacious. The beds are extraordinarily comfortable. The courtyard makes an excellent meeting and/or work space. It is easy and quick to walk to town for shopping, restaurants and events. The staff is exceptionally attentive, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Hotel Casa 425 is one of our favorite hotels anywhere in the world. "Elegant simplicity" sums up the overall, and lasting, impression. Its location is excellent; its staff is/are friendly and helpful; our experience was altogether top-notch. Hotel Casa 425 somehow managed to give a peaceful, happy feeling to our often very active stay in Claremont. We will be back!

Room Tip: Hard to offer advice -- the rooms all seem lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We come to Claremont quite regularly, a few times a year, because our son goes to one of the Claremont colleges. We have stayed in other hotels, but a friend recommended Casa 425 and we were not completely happy with the other hotels. Well, Casa 425 met and exceeded our expectations. Here are my quibbles: the rooms are not very bright. My husband prefers drawers to open shelves. The bar closed early one night and we really wanted a glass of wine. That's about it. Here's what I loved: the location. the desk staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. When we needed to use the room until rather late, they were able to arrange housekeeping anyway. They provided information about running trails. The included breakfast was more than the usual toaster waffle. And we loved staying right in the Village.

Room Tip: Maybe because it was winter, our room was quiet and cool. We overlooked the courtyard, which was op...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 15 in Pomona
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas

Been to Hotel Casa 425? Share your experiences!