“Peaceful oasis in Claremont”
Review of Hotel Casa 425

Hotel Casa 425
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Santa Cruz, California
“Peaceful oasis in Claremont”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This new boutique hotel represents a great alternative to the bland more remote (e.g., in Ontario, or north of Foothill Blvd.) chain type hotels available in the area. Rooms are nicely appointed, and breakfast (served buffet style in a dedicated room off the central courtyard, with ample outdoor seating), is very good. Location (just west of Indian Hill Blvd, a short walk from the village and the five college campuses) is fantastic - everything in town is within easy walking distance. Slightly overpriced (likely attributable to the fantastic location) - but all in all a very nice experience!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs facing the interior courtyard - nice and quiet with a partial view of the moun...
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is the place to stay in Claremont. The rooms are stylish and spacious. The beds are extraordinarily comfortable. The courtyard makes an excellent meeting and/or work space. It is easy and quick to walk to town for shopping, restaurants and events. The staff is exceptionally attentive, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Hotel Casa 425 is one of our favorite hotels anywhere in the world. "Elegant simplicity" sums up the overall, and lasting, impression. Its location is excellent; its staff is/are friendly and helpful; our experience was altogether top-notch. Hotel Casa 425 somehow managed to give a peaceful, happy feeling to our often very active stay in Claremont. We will be back!

Room Tip: Hard to offer advice -- the rooms all seem lovely.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We come to Claremont quite regularly, a few times a year, because our son goes to one of the Claremont colleges. We have stayed in other hotels, but a friend recommended Casa 425 and we were not completely happy with the other hotels. Well, Casa 425 met and exceeded our expectations. Here are my quibbles: the rooms are not very bright. My husband prefers drawers to open shelves. The bar closed early one night and we really wanted a glass of wine. That's about it. Here's what I loved: the location. the desk staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. When we needed to use the room until rather late, they were able to arrange housekeeping anyway. They provided information about running trails. The included breakfast was more than the usual toaster waffle. And we loved staying right in the Village.

Room Tip: Maybe because it was winter, our room was quiet and cool. We overlooked the courtyard, which was op...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for NYE 2013 and although the party was really fun the room wasn't so much. The major issue was that the toilet in the room stopped flushing around 2:00am. They just told us to "jiggle the handle" and it would be miraculously fixed. After complaining twice about this they didn't offer any solution to the issue. They didn't offer any compensation or to try to change our room. The guy just shrugged. If you want to stay here do so at your own risk. Our room was on it's own only near the elevator which was slow. The stairwell was on the opposite end of the hotel. In order to get ice for your room, you have to go down to the bar and ask for some. They don't offer room service either. I usually stay at Marriott or similar establishments so I guess Boutique hotels are not my forte. All I have to say is to really check everything and keep complaining because apparently I didn't yell loud enough for them to really care about their clients. I won't be back to this hotel again because for me toilets are somewhat a necessity when it comes to staying at a hotel. ;)

Room Tip: Ask about the room beforehand. Do not stay in 201! Try to stay on the side that doesn't face the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jewls03
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here to meet up with friends in the area and we didn't want to drive back to San Diego. We stayed in room 103 which was a nice walk out to the interior courtyard and bar area. The room was good sizes with a tub in the middle of the room. There was a memory foam mattress which was quite comfortable. The bar area was nice because there were large fire pits which were perfect for socializing all night with flowing champagne. Good hang out area. I was surprised that you couldn't charge the room as the bar is a separate business. The room was basic. We didn't try the wifi but my husband struggled a bit finding the premium cable channels. Would I ever stay there again....maybe. The only other choices were Holiday Inn Express type chains and we wanted to try something a little different. For gathering with friends, yes. If staying for more than a night...not sure. There are no frills with this property. No room service, etc.

Room Tip: Choose an interior room for best access. Great area for shopping.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Eastsound, Washington
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I made a reservation about a month prior to my arrival. I've stayed here half a dozen times and enjoyed the service and aesthetic at this small boutique hotel during prior visits. Not this time. Our room 301 did not have floor to ceiling windows looking into the courtyard like all the other rooms we've stayed in before. You step off the 3rd floor elevator and enter room 301 through a solid single door in the housekeeping corridor. The room was spacious but carpet, draperies, tile and linens show signs of wear. The desk clerk tells me no other rooms are available for my two night stay. Strike one. We settled in and tried to access the wifi with multiple devices. Nope. When I called the desk I was told they were having trouble with this room. Oh and if you have apple products then you were really going to have wifi problems. Their tech guy might get to it tomorrow. I could use the computer in the lobby (next to the men's room). Strike two. The next evening we came in after dinner and I went down to the lobby a little after 8pm to check on the wifi which still didn't work very often. It's not fixed. Ok fine I will have a drink in the bar and read. Nope. Last call was at 8pm on this Sunday night. Strike three. Adaptable creature that I am I just went to sleep early thinking I could catch up on my sleep. No can do. At 6am on Veteran's Day morning I was jostled awake by what sounded like jack hammering in the parking garage across the street. This continued for about 45 minutes. The desk clerk told me this happens every Monday morning. Note to self. Did I enjoy my stay? The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for room off of the main street on the inside of the courtyard and high up.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mary12355
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express San Dimas

Been to Hotel Casa 425? Share your experiences!