“A nice hotel with noise problems”
Review of Hotel Casa 425

Hotel Casa 425
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here in December 2012. Our room was fabulous. The layout of the place is wonderful--spacious and lovely. The lack of sound proofing is a major problem though. They give you ear plugs and it is a good thing. The hotel is better than average but we weren't sure how loud it would be if students were in town since we were there on a Sunday during students' break and it was still quite loud.

Room Tip: You might try the third floor since you can hear people walking on floors above you if you're on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 31, 2012

In the heart of the Claremont Village, this hidden jewel was the perfect place for our 5th year anniversary getaway. It was comfortable, quiet, super-clean, and perfect for hanging out, seeing the town, and having some private time. Beds, tubs, and other amenities clearly have the hand-selected touch -- VERY nice, very comfortable, but clearly not corporate. It's the kind of place that I would stay for a week or two to write a book, stay with my wife, or use as the staging place for a larger event. VERY relaxing. VERY quiet and extremely boutique feeling. We'll stay here for years to come. COULD NOT beat the price!

Room Tip: They have three types of rooms. We had the deluxe king, and it was amazing. The only thing better wo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Located in the community adjacant to the Claremont Colleges Casa 425 has a great location. It is just a 10 minute walk tot he heart of campus. Right next to the hotel are about 10 restaurants and a movie theatre.

Rooms come equiped with ear plugs and you need them - unfortunately. The rooms open onto a central courtyard which is also the bar lounge and so is filled with nosiy drinkers.

The rooms come with a really deep bath tub and a shower as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room so that your windows do not open onto the bar courtyard. The corner rooms hav...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here with daughter for move in weekend at The Claremonts. Pulled covers back to get into bed late the first night only to discover large croissant crumbs in the bed. Called the front desk and about 15 minutes later the man at the desk brought fresh sheets and tried to hand them to us. He did come in to make the bed once he realized we would not be changing the bed ourselves though he had not brought pillowcases as he didn't realize we would want those changed as well. It was another 15 minute wait for the pillowcases. During our two night stay, the staff did not make an effort to be helpful or welcoming which was a surprise given that Casa 425 is a small boutique hotel in the lovely charming college town that is Claremont. We have always stayed at The Doubletree and we were looking forward to treating ourselves to a stay here. We are locked into staying here for graduation next May (3 night minimum, no refunds, higher nightly rate) because we booked it before our dirty linen stay. In the meantime, it's the Doubletree for us. Management's response to our unchanged linens? 10% off the first night. With my protest, she gave me 20%. Go for the Doubletree.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Steve B
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a college visit and she loved it. I agree with cyberdouglas that it is starting to show it's age. I think a little TLC and attention to faucets etc. will bring this boutique property back to life. The room is very modern and the glass windows overlooking the courtyard and mountains were just great. No bell-service, which wasn't too much of a problem for us. Really nice complimentary breakfast put out nice and early for those of us still on east coast time. Built around a lively courtyard, but we were not disturbed by noise at all. Love the town, too. Oh, and friendly staff, also.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quiter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

In the heart of Claremont Village, this hotel is an awesome place to stay while visiting kids at the Claremont Colleges. Rooms are comfortable and pleasantly updated with modern contemporary amenities and comfortable tempurpedic beds. Rooms and common areas are clean. And, the staff is amazing, helpful, and accommodating!

Room Tip: 2nd floor room are great. Room 206 can be a little noisy as it backs up to The Back Abbey Pub and R...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've stayed here for business about 4-5 times over the last 5 years. It's a nice place. The hotel is layed out around a central courtyard and is very open.

The pluses: it has a central location and is walkable to bars and restaurants; the rooms are fairly large and open. It's a boutique-style hotel in its overall design.

The minuses: something on my last visit gave me the feeling that despite a fairly high price-point for Claremont, the hotel is trying to cut costs. I know they've done this for a few years, but it still bugs me: the shampoo/conditioner/gel dispenser in the shower -- the kind of shower dispenser at your local gym. Boutique hotels always make a point of featuring the kind of bath products they provide. But, you're never going to know what products you're using here because even the hand soap is in a dispenser. Speaking of the sink: the control for the cold water wasn't even fastened to the countertop -- so every time I tried to turn on the cold water the entire control turned (irritating). And the bathroom's countertop (a Caesarstone-type material) hadn't been cleaned properly or has become irrevocably stained --either way, it didn't leave me with a good feeling. The TV setup is strange: there's a cable-type box along with the TV -- both need to be turned on separately -- and the channel navigation is something I had to spend time trying to figure out. My big peeve is that breakfast is only served from 7-9am. I showed up at 9:02 and it was cleared down. The last time I stayed, the breakfast was nothing to get excited about but I don't think serving coffee and cereal until 10am is too much to ask.

I know it seems as if I'm being a little critical. And if I was staying at a run of the mill (and cheaper hotel), I wouldn't expect as much as I do from a boutique hotel. Again, it's a nice place, but nothing special and could certainly use some more boutique touches.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cyberdouglas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#3 of 15 in Pomona
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario, A Trademark Collection Hotel

Been to Hotel Casa 425? Share your experiences!