“Great business hotel”
Review of Hotel Casa 425

Hotel Casa 425
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on four occasions and it meets all the standards and necessary requirements to be a great boutique business hotel. Fast wireless Internet, large work space, full bar and restaurant and an early breakfast. They've done an awesome job in the finish out and it was my first time in a Tempurdic bed. Also, this hotel could be a great place for a romantic getaway with a giant soaker tub in the middle of the room.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor near the ends of the hall.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed here during Move-in day week at Harvey Mudd. We had a very spacious two queen bed room. Beds were very comfortable. The staff was very helpful, even giving us a guide to all the stores around to purchase college dorm things. Enjoyed the whole relaxed vibe of the place and the fact that it's walking distance to so many things.

1  Thank Daisy1996
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We moved our daughter to Scripps for the last time, she is a senior. It was one of the easier move because we are getting more savvy after 4 years but her desire to put a larger bed into a small room made it a little challenge but we got that resolved pretty readily. It was nice to retrieve to Casa 425 after a long day of carrying boxes, building bed and walking up and down three flights of stairs. My husband joined us for the first time and commented how peaceful the hotel is. We are disappointed that we were too late to secure a room for graduation. C'est la vie !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good here and facing to a beautiful courtyard. Have no problem with noise problem...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

By far, the best hotel in the general area. The hotel is maintained in excellent condition with memory foam mattresses and HD TV. The people were great, always trying to assist in any way. Location is perfect. Its in the middle of a town center with many restaurants and entertainment with in walking distance. This will be the place will will stay whenever I visit Claremont again

Room Tip: 2nd & 3rd Floors are quieter
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here for a long "move-in" day weekend after arriving at a ghastly 3:15am due to airline problems. The front desk staff were consistently polite, friendly and eager to assist with any requests. The room was very clean and comfortable if not a little awkward with a pull out sofa which blocked the doorway. The light breakfast was fresh, the bathroom products were wonderful and the bed was very comfortable. Wish I had more privacy on the first floor when I wanted to pull back curtains for daylight in the am however. The courtyard,with comfy seating, lime trees and gas fireplaces was superb for anytime of day or evening, a special oasis right outside your room. The location is very convenient to the village and to the colleges. The small hotel overall was delightfully welcoming for my first time in California (wish I could say my flight across country was even a little pleasant, not). If I make the horrible journey again, it would be my pleasure to stay at Casa 425.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I come to Claremont several times a year. Case 425 is beautiful. The location is the best. The staff are wonderful. The problem is that they need to sue the contractor who forgot to sound insulate the walls and ceilings. The walls seem paper thin. Yes, you can hear adjacent rooms TVs. The hotel must be aware as each room comes with complimentary ear plugs! I have never seen that before. Also, the noise transfer from units above is incredible. Each foot fall booms like you are inside a drum beating away. I love this place, but I also need to get my sleep. Bummer. I cannot stay here again. Note: The staff are great in that noisy rooms are dealt with quickly. Case 425 is usually booked solid, so I guess maybe most are willing to put up with the noise from other rooms. The place is otherwise tops. I like the design and the beds are great.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
1  Thank NavJag
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Casa 425 is located in the heart of Claremont, CA, home of the Claremont Colleges. Several things stand out. It is within walking-distance of several fine restaurants and bars, specialty shops, and the like. Downtown Claremont is a great place to explore, and Casa 425 is the perfect place to call "home" while doing so. The soaking tub in the room is wonderful, and there is a roomy shower. The rooms are nicely appointed, ours having a comfortable chair, desk, and really comfortable bed. The housekeeping/maintenance staff were great, and a couple of the front-desk people were really helpful, polite, and pleasant. We were on the top (third) floor, and noise from the courtyard and surrounding areas was entirely obliterated when we closed the door (it was hot, so using the air conditioning was in order, anyway). On Friday, there was live music in the courtyard with many people milling about and plenty of noise on the street outside, but we had no problems at all since the room was very well-insulated. Also, the room was clean, plenty of tile all around, and, well, cool. Lauren, a woman to whom I spoke on the phone after looking for a room on the Website (it said "no availability"), was extremely helpful and found us a room, anyway, so call even if the site says "no-go." Other reviewers noted that some front-desk people are nicer than others, and we found that to be the case. On the other hand, when we found front-desk people we liked (one person, in particular, worked in the evening and was extremely helpful and nice; great temperament), we would ask her for help or suggestions. I agree that flying into ONT is a great way to go. The bar at the hotel looked interesting, but I have to admit that we tried neither the bar nor the food. We're from the NW, so I'll just say that the coffee in the morning wasn't to my taste. There is one place on Harvard near First that ROCKS the good coffee/espresso, but I'll review them, elsewhere. The breakfast bar at the hotel had fresh orange juice, yogurt, various fruits (berries, bananas, etc.), dry cereal with milk, and probably a few other things, which we stopped to have a couple of times out of the four days we stayed. Otherwise, there is so much to do close-by, so many good places to check out. It's more expensive to stay at Casa 425 than other places, but I'd have to say it was worth it, overall.

Room Tip: We're top-floor types, because we're mindful of the noise that can be made. Also, the east...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 15 in Pomona
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario, A Trademark Collection Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport

Been to Hotel Casa 425? Share your experiences!