“Horrible Place To Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Claremont
“Horrible Place To Stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE WORST EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER HAD WITH A PLACE OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long time residents of Claremont moving to a new home.
We accidntly forgot our laundry bag in the room. We didnt realize until that evening after work, so we called the hotel around 10pm to inquire about our bag. We unfortunately talked to Sydney who provided the worst customer service we have ever experienced. He was rude and very unknowledgable about the hotel he worked at. Because he was unprofessional and rude, I asked him to provide me with his managers name or the owners. He said he did not know their names or the names of anyone he worked with and told me the only way our situation would be resolved was to talk to someone in the morning. I asked for that persons name and he said again he did not know anyones name he worked with. So i hung up the phone powerless and unsatisfied due to Sydnys unwillings to satisfy people who were guests at the hotel. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL

• Liked — Nothing, Horrible
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009
2 Thank thomasjames0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to our new years eve destination. When I made the reservation I was quoted one price but was then charged more on my credit card the night of. The night clerk did not even state how much he was running my card for, he simply ran it. When I questioned the price he responded in a very rude manner, that he was charging me the correct price. If i didn't want to pay, to go somewhere else! He stated if I did not like the room to come back right away and he would give me a full refund and give the room to someone else for $100, which was a lot more than I was paying. I questioned him as to why he would give the room to someone for $100 if the rate for the night is a lot less. He stated "because there is someone else that is willing to pay more than you!" (practically yelling at me!) I believe he was upset because we alarmed him when we rang the night bell for service, he did not seem to like the fact that we rang the bell. The next morning I called the front desk because the shower wasn't working properly, he yelled "just pull the plug!!", i stated that I tried and received another "just pull the plug!!" in an angry voice. I also asked for a late checkout and got yelled at again "11 o'clock!!". i tried clarifying that I new the check out time but needed to check out late...another "11 o'clock!!"..I tried to ask my question on last time and got the response I wanted, but of course he yelled at me. I asked him why he was being so rude to me since last night and he simply acted surprised and had no idea what I was referring to. Since it was a holiday there was no manager available but I will try to reach them.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Claremont hotels

Omaha, Ne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2008

We just had a couple days to visit family and wanted a hotel in the general area. This hotel is easy to get to from Interstate 10.
It's not a flashy hotel and it doesn't have all the frills but we were not looking for that. We found the room clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a microwave,frig and coffee maker and that's all we needed. The grounds could be cleaned up abit but this would not prevent us from booking a room there again. It fit our needs and again if you don't need the frills this is a very reasonably priced place to stay.

• Liked — easy access, reasonably priced, comfortable
  • Disliked — checking out through the night window at 8:00am in the morning
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

I found myself in a bind and without a place to stay while traveling around California. I needed a place to stay for just a few nights and found the Claremont Lodge. The room was nice and also clean, it was a really good deal for the price! The best part was the owner. I was waiting for a friend to pick me up after my stay and we started chatting. He is a great guy and offered me a coke and some good conversation and let me store my luggage while I went to get something to eat. when I returned we looked at some pictures and shared stories. He was really helpful and made me feel very welcome! I only knew him for about an hour but I felt like he was my friend. I would REALLY recommend the lodge!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2008

The nicest part of this motel is the lobby. The rooms have holes in the walls, there are open outlets with no covers, burns in the carpet, unnfinished trim . . . you get the picture, a dump.

Stayed October 2007
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2007

On Friday, February 23, 2007, I purchased two rooms for myself and my family. I informed the clerk that there would be 6 people total and that 4 of us would share a double bed room. Later that evening, my sister called the front desk, in my presence, and requested an extra towel. The man on the line, who we later found out was the manager, told her "no" and was very rude to my sister who simply hung up the phone. My Mother and I saw a man outside of my room and asked him for a towel. He said, "I already told you no." I asked for the manager and he stated that he was the manager and refused to tell me his name. We attempted to talk to the manager to remedy the situation to no avail. The manager stated that this was a "limited service hotel," he also stated that he did not "[--] care what we wanted" and that everyone was "giving him [--]." We tried to explain that we did not mean to offend anyone and we simply wanted a towel. He attempted to make us leave but it was after 10 p.m. and we had no where else to go since we had driven 2.5 hours from San Diego for a wedding to attend the next morning. We immediately dropped the issue and went back to our rooms to avoid conflict. As we walked out of the front desk area, the manager continued to yell obscenities at us. My mother was very shaken & upset. The manager then paced outside of our doors ranting obscenities. We were scared and barricaded our door with a table for the entire night. The next morning the front desk was closed.

Stayed March 2007
8 Thank mayormoo
europe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2006

The staff was unfriendly and uniterested. Rooms were possible to sleep in but in poor shape. There were bugs in mine.

I was promised not to need to pay if I was not happy, but when asking for a refund because I couldnt shower for two days I was threatened with collection.

Compare this with the nice nearby double three where they gave me a huge refund because the free internet in my room was not working.

• Liked — Price was good
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Tips/Secrets — This place can be used temporarilly as a sleepover, but it is not an enyoable place to stay at.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank someoneasdfasdfasd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Claremont Lodge? Share your experiences!