“Good time!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Ohio
“Good time!”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I found myself in a bind and without a place to stay while traveling around California. I needed a place to stay for just a few nights and found the Claremont Lodge. The room was nice and also clean, it was a really good deal for the price! The best part was the owner. I was waiting for a friend to pick me up after my stay and we started chatting. He is a great guy and offered me a coke and some good conversation and let me store my luggage while I went to get something to eat. when I returned we looked at some pictures and shared stories. He was really helpful and made me feel very welcome! I only knew him for about an hour but I felt like he was my friend. I would REALLY recommend the lodge!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
seattle
Reviewed March 15, 2008

The nicest part of this motel is the lobby. The rooms have holes in the walls, there are open outlets with no covers, burns in the carpet, unnfinished trim . . . you get the picture, a dump.

Stayed October 2007

Travelers are raving about these Claremont hotels

San Diego
Reviewed March 5, 2007

On Friday, February 23, 2007, I purchased two rooms for myself and my family. I informed the clerk that there would be 6 people total and that 4 of us would share a double bed room. Later that evening, my sister called the front desk, in my presence, and requested an extra towel. The man on the line, who we later found out was the manager, told her "no" and was very rude to my sister who simply hung up the phone. My Mother and I saw a man outside of my room and asked him for a towel. He said, "I already told you no." I asked for the manager and he stated that he was the manager and refused to tell me his name. We attempted to talk to the manager to remedy the situation to no avail. The manager stated that this was a "limited service hotel," he also stated that he did not "[--] care what we wanted" and that everyone was "giving him [--]." We tried to explain that we did not mean to offend anyone and we simply wanted a towel. He attempted to make us leave but it was after 10 p.m. and we had no where else to go since we had driven 2.5 hours from San Diego for a wedding to attend the next morning. We immediately dropped the issue and went back to our rooms to avoid conflict. As we walked out of the front desk area, the manager continued to yell obscenities at us. My mother was very shaken & upset. The manager then paced outside of our doors ranting obscenities. We were scared and barricaded our door with a table for the entire night. The next morning the front desk was closed.

Stayed March 2007
8 Thank mayormoo
europe
Reviewed September 30, 2006

The staff was unfriendly and uniterested. Rooms were possible to sleep in but in poor shape. There were bugs in mine.

I was promised not to need to pay if I was not happy, but when asking for a refund because I couldnt shower for two days I was threatened with collection.

Compare this with the nice nearby double three where they gave me a huge refund because the free internet in my room was not working.

• Liked — Price was good
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Tips/Secrets — This place can be used temporarilly as a sleepover, but it is not an enyoable place to stay at.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank someoneasdfasdfasd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 14 in Pomona
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Claremont Lodge? Share your experiences!