“Dinner theater at its best!”

Candlelight Pavilion Dinner Theatre
Ranked #9 of 137 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The shows here are always great! I've seen "Carousel", "My Fair Lady", and most recently "The Sound of Music". The casting is great and the quality of shows is amazing! Dinner portion sizes are reasonable and the food is delicious. Service is friendly and pretty efficient. I saw one show from a floor seat, another from a booth in the back, and another in a box on the terrace level. You can enjoy the show from any of the seats, but I think the terrace was the best because nobody is in front of you and you don't have to turn to face the stage. Plus, the box is more private, so you won't have to share a dinner table with strangers and it's not much more expensive than the other seats. The dessert portions are large enough to share between 2 adults and the appetizers are worth it to hold you over until they serve dinner. Overall, it's always a great experience and well-worth your time.

8  Thank Rachel W

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Sound of Music!! Wow! At a dinner theater? My goodness! We were there for the March 2 matinee. Beautiful theater, great comfortable feeling. The casting was superb to make this show so "right on"! Vocals, talent, sets, acting! We loved it!! From the little girl through the kids and the nuns, to Captain Von Trapp to an amazing Maria! Sarah Elizabeth Combs! So powerful, so on spot.......bravo! Whatever she does next we will be there But they were all great! Super great! The play by itself was sufficient. Add to that a decent meal and dessert. What a treat. Do not miss this.

2  Thank DKool
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went to "A Christmas to Remember" matinee performance today and it was charming, cute, entertaining, appealing to all ages. There were quite a few young children there - and nobody had to take their kid out. I think Candlelight Pavilion is far superior to other dinner-theatres I've experienced. I went with a bus load group and the price was reasonable. There were several large groups there. The performance was very professional and excellent. It's set in 1966 so some of the references and jokes may not be understood by a younger audience but we seniors enjoyed them. For feeding upwards to 200-300 people, the food is exceptional - all at my table agreed - as was the service. Well worth the price. It runs thru' 12/26/12.

3  Thank bigsis45
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went to the preview night so cannot comment on the food but the desserts available for purchase looked wonderful. The venue is nice, very intimate. I would book a table for just my party next time I go as sitting with strangers is not something I enjoy. The show was great! It was well cast and the talent was superb. So important to support local live theater in the greater LA area or we will lose the opportunity to enjoy this fun form of entertainment, I am planning to go again to a dinner show to get the whole experience.

3  Thank MomOfSixSanDiego
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Candlelight Pavilion has done a great job selecting shows for each new season -- we have been season ticket holders for more than 10 years, and look forward to each show we see. If you are visiting in the area, you will enjoy an evening (or a Sat or Sun matinee) at the Pavilion. If you live in the area and haven't checked it out -- you're missing out on a local gem! From family friendly shows like "Sound of Music" (which is part of the upcoming 2013 season) to the adult-rated, heartbreaking and emotional "Miss Saigon" (playing now, in Sept 2012) the range of shows is varied -- but the talent is always outstanding. And one last thought -- save room for dessert! The ticket price includes your meal, but not dessert - order it anyway... They have some delicious choices, and by the time dessert comes at intermission, you'll be glad you did!

1  Thank BarbaraQ52