“One of our favorites” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Claremont, California
“One of our favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We have lived in Claremont for 30 years and started going to Pizza N Such when it was just a hole in the wall. It was always jammed because of the terrific pizza. It has since expanded to a full-sized restaurant and now they can serve lots of folks. The food is uniformly tasty, service is fine, prices are fair. We've had pizza, spaghetti, lasagne and chicken parmigiana, etc., always with a side salad which is fresh and very good. The atmosphere is somewhere between pizza joint and nice restaurant. Not too casual, not foo fancy. We have yet to have a bad meal or experience here, so reading some of the negative reviews is a real shocker. We think it's a wonderful place. All ages dine here. The servers are generally young, so don't expect a sophisticated guy with a napkin over his arm. Go and enjoy!

• Visited June 2011

Claremont, CA
“DO NOT EAT HERE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

I dined in at Pizza N' Such in Claremont and ordered some Calamari, which is supposed to be good. Let me warn you: This place gave me OLD Calamari that was refried to "appear" Fresh. In addition, there was a French Fry at the bottom of the calamri, that's pretty bad. Then came my main dish with a side of garlic bread. The Bread was BURNT! How do you serve a customer burnt bread, is it not apparent that it is evidently not edible. The service was horrendous. The waitress was completely unprofessional and lacked any class. My Warning: DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED Money dining or eating at this joint. It's TERRIBLE!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GreenStream2010
“My wife and I were recently in Claremont...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

My wife and I were recently in Claremont for lunch and decided to give Pizza N Such a try. The first thing that caught our attention when we walked in was a sign advertising "local sangria" so we ordered two glasses. One word, amazing! We had the pizza margherita and it was also very good. The crust was not too thick and not too thin and cooked to a nice crisp. Next time we are in the area we will pay them another visit, the sangria is too good to pass up!

Ontario, California
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

Love everything about this place! Everyone is super friendly and their food is to die for esp. their pizza! They can get a little busy but if you dont mind the wait you will be very happy!

Eureka
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who runs this place???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

I own and operate an Italian restaurant up in Northern California. So I decided to pop into this place after hearing decent things. Walked in after the lunch rush, waited for ten minutes for someone to even come out of the kitchen to seat us. Decided just to head to the bar and wait. The young girl came out to greet me so I ordered a pitcher of beer. I was then told she couldn't serve me beer because she wasn't old enough to pour beer! (WHY was she behind hte bar then???) She said I would have to wait for her manager to come out. She actually took a tone that made me think it was MY fault for ordered the beer! Thus, more waiting. So 15 minutes into our Pizza n' Such experience, I am still not sitting at a table, I still don't have a beverage, and I obviously still don't have food.
Another young girl came out, I assume she was a manager (she was dressed in plain clothes, not a uniform) and eventually poured the beer. Extremely non-friendly and non-apologetic for my wait time. This was only the beginning- Next I opened up a menu to find that most of the items were ENTIRELY overpriced. A decent large pizza was going to cost me at least $25! Exceptional rip off considering the food cost at a pizza place is so low. Who are they kidding???
After zero interaction with the young manager behind the bar I decide to go with the goat cheese pizza. I would have asked for a recommendation but both girls seemed bothered that I was even there. I am beginning to get the feeling that there was a reason this restaurant was empty when I walked in.

Pizza took 20 minutes to show up, meanwhile our beer is empty and I was never asked if we wanted another pitcher. Good thing, considering I later found out that this beloved pitcher of delicious Dale Bros was gonna cost me $16! Pizza was adequate. That is the best way to describe. Tasted like the dough was frozen, and the toppings were thin at best.
Everything would have been excusable had the staff been a bit more friendly. As a restaurant owner, I appreciate the need for an upbeat, intelligent and impressive staff. I DO NOT want to be served by some teeny-bopper who looks like she just took a bong rip and knows ABSOLUTELY nothing about her job, nor does she really care.
The manager never even came by to see how things were. you would assume that a family-owned place like this depends on return customers???
We paid our check for our pitcher and pizza (over $60 with tax and tip) and quietly left ( no goodbye from any staff member). I was extremely disappointed about dropping that much money a horrible lunch, no ambiance and unfriendly service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles