“a diamond in a rough restaurant town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Parolaccia Osteria Italiana - CLOSED

La Parolaccia Osteria Italiana
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Il Mattone Trattoria Italiana is a neighborhood restaurant in the town of Claremont that takes pride in serving delicious thin crust pizzas, freshly made pastas, seasonal salads, meat and fish with a great variety of homemade desserts. First established in October 2008 and formerly named La Parolaccia Osteria Italiana, Il Mattone has a reputation of being a friendly place to experience the most authentic Italian food in the Inland Empire. Buon Appetito e Salute
Connecticut
“a diamond in a rough restaurant town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am a real picky Italian foodie. This was excellent. The fried artichokes, the gorgonzola salad, the vegan pasta dish they whipped up for my daughter, and a happy wife. Also lovely staff with great sense of humor. the place to go in Claremont

Visited August 2013
1 Thank drewhughru

Atlanta, Georgia
“Very pleasant atmosphere, great tasting food, amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Ok, this place is a little expensive. But (!) everything is definitely worth it. We tried two different soups - both just amazing and fresh, chicken with vegetables was good, and delicious creme brulee! I think it is more French than Italian, but it was very well made.

The restaurant itself is very pleasant, nicely paced, and with very prompt and courteous service. In fact, I think it was the best service we had experienced in several months.

It also offers a great value for money if you order from a menu with lunch specials.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles
“We loved this Italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

The owners are really from Italy, and they take their pastas seriously.
It's cooked Italian style "al dente", which means "stick to the teeth", so it's not soft and mushy like others make it. It's actually Italian. The sauces are amazing and the salads are good too. Freshly grated cheese on top. Bread is freshly made and the tapanade that comes with it is outstanding. It's pricey but we think it's worth it. They also own another sister restaurant in Long Beach, which has the same quality food (maybe same menu?) and it's just as good. I think we did a review on that one a few years ago when we were in Long Beach for a conference. The only thing was the trouble finding a parking space. Claremont has more parking, but it's still hard on Friday/Sat. nights on the street. There is a tiny parking lot in the back, but it's really hard to find parking there. That's just Claremont. They have a new parking structure and you walk a small block north; totally worth it.

• Visited August 2013
California
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I were out deciding where to eat one night when we came across this restaurant. We walked in at about nine at night and they seated us immediately. Since there is no exact closing time it's a hit-or-miss on whether or not the place will be open. We went on a Wednesday night and it must have been slow because he closed the place ten minutes after we were seated.
My sister and I weren't that hungry so we decided to split the Gnocchetti and it was delicious! When they brought it to the table they had already split the dish into two bowls for my sister and I which was very nice. It had so much taste and the artichokes that were in it were so soft! I would so back just for this dish. My mother got the Capricciosa pizza which came with whole slices of prosciutto layered on top.
The service was nice and they were always there asking what we needed and making small talk. I would definitely advise anyone going to Claremont to go here. They are just delicious!

• Visited July 2013
Henderson, Nevada
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good food, even better service. Reasonable prices, including wine. A little noisy, but it was very full.

Visited July 2013