“Service was great, food was just good”

Heros and Legends Bar & Grill
Ranked #23 of 136 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Service was great, food was just good”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Had beers and the seafood appetizer sampler. Really solid value for the app as it had fried calamari ,shrimp, scallops and fries. 2 grown men couldn't finish it. Solid microbrew selection, the staff was great and talkative.

• Visited January 2014

California
“"Great Burgers, Beer and you can watch your game too!"”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Walking around in the "Village" (downtown Claremont, CA) we decided to stop at Heroes on a nice Sunday afternoon. Looking around the restaurant, it was nearly full and glancing at the plates we saw that the portions are generous. We ordered a hamburger and fish and chips and skipped the appetizers. Still, our drinks showed up with a bowl of peanuts in the shell to munch on while sipping the beer and waiting for the food to arrive. The black angus burger on a wheat bun with blue cheese, onions and lettuce was great, in fact, it was one of the best burgers I had the past few years. My onion rings were fresh and crispy, the fish was also crispy and buttery with curly fries. The pickles didn't have a chance to last more then a minute and I wished there were a few more on my plate. The service was good. If you happen to be in the area and want a good burger, give this place a try.

• Visited October 2013
El Paso, Texas
“sports grill in village”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent food and service in this sports bar and grill in the Claremont Village. Huge portions at not-unreasonable prices. Casual throw-your-peanut-shells on the floor atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Upland, California
“manager james was rude”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I were at this place tonight and sat at the bar for more than 20 minutes with empty glasses --when we got the manager James attention he told us we were rude and told us we weren't welcome there any more. I have been a resident of Claremont for more than 40 years and have never been treated so rudely in my entire life ---I would not recommend this place to anyone ---I will make a concerted effort to let locals know this is a bad place to go for food and drinks

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank jon p
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Pub Grub”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Small packed placed, but moved people through without making you feel rushed. Excellent pub style food, nice beer selection, and food was very fresh. Massive portions -- brought home half my meatloaf, spinach, and mashed potatoes and the leftovers easily weighed almost 2 pounds. Service was sharp and timely. Reasonably priced for the volume and the quality. Would return in a heartbeat.

• Visited February 2013